Turn on thread page Beta

The Return of Lolzo. AMA. watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gjd800)
    Yes. It just strikes me as a bit odd to go on a forum with such a specific agenda. Still, have at it.
    Yeah, I get what you mean, but this agenda may not even work out, you never know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lolzo_returns)
    Yeah, I get what you mean, but this agenda may not even work out, you never know.
    Well, good luck, I guess!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gjd800)
    Well, good luck, I guess!
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    It’s like you’re trying to present yourself as a celebrity or a personality, rather than a person. Which isn’t really in key with the vibe of tsr.

I can’t really put my finger on it, the way you write is like the script of a youtuber rather than an equal. It’s a tad condescending.?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AspiringUnderdog)
    Any success?
    Bristol: Rejected
    Imperial: Got an interview, attended the interview and awaiting decision
    UCL: Got an interview, attended the interview and awaiting decision
    St Georges: Interview and offer

ReputationRep:
    Self discovery and reflection. Also, I wanted to have a more calmer time on TSR and do threads that will be more accepted rather than random troll threads I did before.
    Everyone's discovering themselves everyday I guess, even if we don't know it.

What GCSEs did you take?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cat_mac)
    It’s like you’re trying to present yourself as a celebrity or a personality, rather than a person. Which isn’t really in key with the vibe of tsr.

I can’t really put my finger on it, the way you write is like the script of a youtuber rather than an equal. It’s a tad condescending.?
    Well that's your opinion. I honestly don't understand your problem with me though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cod3tte)
    Everyone's discovering themselves everyday I guess, even if we don't know it.

What GCSEs did you take?
    I mean self discovery in like what I want to do in life etc.

I took Maths, Further Maths, English Lit, English Lang, Bio, Chem, Physics, Computer Science, Drama, History and French

ReputationRep:
    I mean self discovery in like what I want to do in life etc.

I took Maths, Further Maths, English Lit, English Lang, Bio, Chem, Physics, Computer Science, Drama, History and French
    Oh that's cool, I'm surprised you didn't take RS, isn't that compulsory in most schools?

And I didn't know there was such thing as further Maths, GCSE, I thought that was just in A-Level.

How did you do in Computer Science, I'm kind of a computer nerd so I just wanna know

ReputationRep:
    Oh that's cool, I'm surprised you didn't take RS, isn't that compulsory in most schools?

And I didn't know there was such thing as further Maths, GCSE, I thought that was just in A-Level.

How did you do in Computer Science, I'm kind of a computer nerd so I just wanna know
    Sorry, I meant Additional Maths, not Further Maths!
    And I did RS up to Year 8, but it was an option for GCSE, but I didn't choose it.
    I got an A* in Computer Science which I am very happy about. I did OCR for that.

ReputationRep:
    Bristol: Rejected
    Imperial: Got an interview, attended the interview and awaiting decision
    UCL: Got an interview, attended the interview and awaiting decision
    St Georges: Interview and offer
    Good luck with the last two then and mad one for St George's! What was your non-medicine choice btw?

Maybe you could give advice on applying to medicine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AspiringUnderdog)
    Good luck with the last two then and mad one for St George's! What was your non-medicine choice btw?

Maybe you could give advice on applying to medicine.
    My 5th one is Newcastle for biomedical sciences, which I got an offer. I will be extremely happy if I get one from Imperial.

Yeah, I might soon make a thread on giving advice on applying to medicine as that sounds like a good idea. The process is really challenging but staying calm throughout really helps.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, I meant Additional Maths, not Further Maths!
    And I did RS up to Year 8, but it was an option for GCSE, but I didn't choose it.
    I got an A* in Computer Science which I am very happy about. I did OCR for that.
    I'm doing OCR computing now! I'm in year 10, and we just had our first exam and I got a grade 6 (B) and I was really annoyed I was literally 1 mark off of a grade 7 (A).

RS was compulsory in our school, but it's only a half GCSE, as we can only have an hour a week of it. If we want to make it a full GCSE, we have come back an hour after school every Monday, so I do with my friend. We're the only two people in year 10 doing that.

What do you do in additional Maths, again they don't offer it at our school. We were only allowed to do a maximum of 9 subjects. Technically it was supposed to be 8 and a half but because of the after school RS thing, it can go up to 9.

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing OCR computing now! I'm in year 10, and we just had our first exam and I got a grade 6 (B) and I was really annoyed I was literally 1 mark off of a grade 7 (A).

RS was compulsory in our school, but it's only a half GCSE, as we can only have an hour a week of it. If we want to make it a full GCSE, we have come back an hour after school every Monday, so I do with my friend. We're the only two people in year 10 doing that.

What do you do in additional Maths, again they don't offer it at our school. We were only allowed to do a maximum of 9 subjects. Technically it was supposed to be 8 and a half but because of the after school RS thing, it can go up to 9.
    You have plenty of time to boost your computing grade to an 8 or 9. In additional maths, we just learn a few extra topics in maths that are in A-level. Everyone in Set 1 were meant to do it and I was in Set 1 so I had no choice but to take it. I got an A in it though.

ReputationRep:
    You have plenty of time to boost your computing grade to an 8 or 9. In additional maths, we just learn a few extra topics in maths that are in A-level. Everyone in Set 1 were meant to do it and I was in Set 1 so I had no choice but to take it. I got an A in it though.
    Did you do the 9-1 exams or the ABC exams?

ReputationRep:
    Did you do the 9-1 exams or the ABC exams?
    I did the A* to U one. I was the last cohort to do the maths and english one. To be honest, I'm kind of glad. 9-1 sounds really tricky.

ReputationRep:
    I did the A* to U one. I was the last cohort to do the maths and english one. To be honest, I'm kind of glad. 9-1 sounds really tricky.
    It's not that bad, I mean the upside is no coursework (yipee) but the downside is you have to remember EVERYTHING... Saying that, I have a really good memory, I don't know why but stuff just sticks in my head

ReputationRep:
    It's not that bad, I mean the upside is no coursework (yipee) but the downside is you have to remember EVERYTHING... Saying that, I have a really good memory, I don't know why but stuff just sticks in my head
    That's good to hear. Year 13 is way more tougher and that is the year I'm in now.

ReputationRep:
    That's good to hear. Year 13 is way more tougher and that is the year I'm in now.
    Final year of A-Level isn't it? Do you have coursework?

ReputationRep:
    Final year of A-Level isn't it? Do you have coursework?
    I don't have coursework. And yeah it is the final year, so all I need to do is get those grades.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 2, 2018
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.