Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Lots of Youtubers are growing up. watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys.
    Did you noticed that in the last years a lots of people started to do youtube ?
    Not also, a lots of take have a lots of subscribers, and their channel became their job.

The strange thing is that there are also people that post video with their very private moments, which is crazy, I mean, girl post video while they are pregnant....

There are families with child of 10 years old that make video everyday, I mean, what those child can think about their parents?

This situation in my opinion is very embracing, I wouldn't be able to post my personal activities and tell others everyday what I do, I prefer to work instead of doing this.

This kind of people film themselves also during holiday.
    I think they also do stupid and weird activities that they do not like just for posting and being watched.

What do you think?

Thanks
    WiSi.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WiSi)
    Hi guys.
    Did you noticed that in the last years a lots of people started to do youtube ?
    Not also, a lots of take have a lots of subscribers, and their channel became their job.

The strange thing is that there are also people that post video with their very private moments, which is crazy, I mean, girl post video while they are pregnant....

There are families with child of 10 years old that make video everyday, I mean, what those child can think about their parents?

This situation in my opinion is very embracing, I wouldn't be able to post my personal activities and tell others everyday what I do, I prefer to work instead of doing this.

This kind of people film themselves also during holiday.
    I think they also do stupid and weird activities that they do not like just for posting and being watched.

What do you think?

Thanks
    WiSi.
    well...if they want to then.... shouldnt they be allowed to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by officiallycool14)
    well...if they want to then.... shouldnt they be allowed to?
    They can do what they want, I just pointed out that a lot of people follow the youtubers and lose hours listening or watching what they do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WiSi)
    They can do what they want, I just pointed out that a lot of people follow the youtubers and lose hours listening or watching what they do.
    then what would be the point of any recreational activity?
    are concerts the same?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by officiallycool14)
    then what would be the point of any recreational activity?
    are concerts the same?
    Concerts are better.
    On youtube you just watch someone, passively.

I do not criticize youtube, I use it, because there are a lots of interesting speech of professors and lots of scientific video.

ReputationRep:
    well, people still choose to watch them, so they are doing something right

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yipyipee)
    well, people still choose to watch them, so they are doing something right
    I don't know...not everything used by people is right.

ReputationRep:
    I think there's an ethical issue surrounding showing your child on youtube - if it were my parents I would grow to hate them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alextheowl)
    I think there's an ethical issue surrounding showing your child on youtube - if it were my parents I would grow to hate them.
    I agree, they can ruin your public image.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alextheowl)
    I think this about the youngest Kardashian sisters, they were very young and put onto reality tv, people having an opinion on every part of their life before they were even teenagers.

Now people say Kendal and Kylie are “famous for no reason” and all sorts of horrible things when they didn’t ask for any of it. They will forever be judged on who their family are, yes they live very privileged lives but that doesn’t make a good life.

When Kylie openly talked about feeling like she missed out on having normal teenage years people kicked off, hated on her because she should be “grateful” for what she has when the majority of people vocally despise her and her family.

Youtube won’t have the same scale of effect but it’ll take those kids awhile to step out of the shadow of their parents, and the image of what they are supposed to be.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cat_mac)
    I think this about the youngest Kardashian sisters, they were very young and put onto reality tv, people having an opinion on every part of their life before they were even teenagers.

Now people say Kendal and Kylie are “famous for no reason” and all sorts of horrible things when they didn’t ask for any of it. They will forever be judged on who their family are, yes they live very privileged lives but that doesn’t make a good life.

When Kylie openly talked about feeling like she missed out on having normal teenage years people kicked off, hated on her because she should be “grateful” for what she has when the majority of people vocally despise her and her family.

Youtube won’t have the same scale of effect but it’ll take those kids awhile to step out of the shadow of their parents, and the image of what they are supposed to be.
    True. I feel annoyed when my mum posts pictures of me on facebook, I can't even imagine what child stars go through.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cat_mac)

Yes, the worst part is that the child in the videos are not there just casually, but because the parents think they can make more view, so more money.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.