Turn on thread page Beta

is my laptop used watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I got a new HP laptop today and first its meant to 256gb but on the storage on windows it says 30gb used out of 224gb, should it not be 256gb? and the recovery disc is almost full 12 gb used out of 14 and when i clicked on it it says this contains all the files used for push button reset, so was my laptop used then returned to the shop who rest everything and gave it to me?

And also we asked them to set up the laptop for me

ReputationRep:
    No, because windows and the preinstalled apps take up space lol.
    Just backup your most important stuff or use an external drive for a more complete backup.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colafusion)
    No, because windows and the preinstalled apps take up space lol.
    Just backup your most important stuff or use an external drive for a more complete backup.
    thank you but one of the hinges makes acsqueaky noise when you open it and it also says last updated novmber Is 2017

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pisces42)
    thank you but one of the hinges makes acsqueaky noise when you open it and it also says last updated novmber Is 2017
    If they set laptop up for you in November you can ignore that. Squeaky hinge could mean that it’s used, but a better check would be to see if you can see any damage. Scratches, nicks, wear and tear etc.

If you’re not happy with it return it and get one elsewhere I guess xd

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colafusion)
    If they set laptop up for you in November you can ignore that. Squeaky hinge could mean that it’s used, but a better check would be to see if you can see any damage. Scratches, nicks, wear and tear etc.

If you’re not happy with it return it and get one elsewhere I guess xd
    They set it up for me a few days ago nit in november

ReputationRep:
    The OS uses some of the storage also some companies like DELL include some software (basically bloatware).
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    As above, the OS will use some of that disk space, so you won't get the full amount of disk space.

The squeaky hinge could mean that it was used, possibly?

With the stuff you've told is so far, it's quite hard to judge.

Tagging AngryJellyfish to get this moved to the Laptops, netbooks and tablets forum.

ReputationRep:
    The squeaky hinge either means it is used - or that it is just like that.

The manufacturer may have updated it in November 2017 before selling it to you.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.