Turn on thread page Beta

Anyone here own their own house? watch

ReputationRep:
    If you do can I ask how much you paid for it and what your mortgage payments are if you ever struggle to pay them also what you work as.

ReputationRep:
    Mortgage-free portfolio owner, Generation X. First home I co-purchased cost £235k in London, 20 years ago. We sold it, paid off the mortgage and climbed another few rungs. An equivalent 2 bed flat in that area would now go for £1.1m [revised downwards when checked]. Didn't have any spare cash at the time, not much furniture: we literally started with just a sofa, a mattress and a tv, but we got there in the end.

ReputationRep:
    I own my own home - paid £140k for it 4 years ago, and yes I struggled at first as I was managing all the bills on my own. As my career progressed it became much easier and now I can cover it no bother. I work as a customer insight manager for a food company.

Mortgage repayments are around £530 a month?

ReputationRep:
    535K, around 550 pm, my current job as a teacher gives me a free house, so rent it out and make a nice profit. No struggles ta muchly.

ReputationRep:
    Soon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Viva Emptiness)
    I own my own home - paid £140k for it 4 years ago, and yes I struggled at first as I was managing all the bills on my own. As my career progressed it became much easier and now I can cover it no bother. I work as a customer insight manager for a food company.

Mortgage repayments are around £530 a month?
    okay thanks did you put a deposit down?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pigster)
    535K, around 550 pm, my current job as a teacher gives me a free house, so rent it out and make a nice profit. No struggles ta muchly.
    How can you pay only 500 a month but buy a half a million pound house?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by karl pilkington)
    How can you pay only 500 a month but buy a half a million pound house?
    My deposit was, quite literally, nearly as big as a house.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pigster)
    This was inspiring

ReputationRep:
    Nope! don’t think I’m gonna get much with my £3000 savings either!
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Only recently bought a house, it was just short of 150k. our mortgage payments are £670 and we shouldn't have any trouble covering them as our rent was £700 and we had higher council tax, we're going to be paying for home improvements as well as bills so we're having to be careful but we won't struggle i think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by karl pilkington)
    okay thanks did you put a deposit down?
    Yah, 20%

Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.