Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    So I'm currently on a Foundation year studying Law, getting around a 1st/high 2:1 in my classes but I'm looking at taking a gap year afterwards because I don't want to continue at this university and I don't want to hastily apply to some other university that I won't be happy with. I've looked at some of the courses I would like to apply to and they're all quite vague about Foundation results being accepted for the course. They accept access to HE courses which although different in structure and markings seem to have the same content as the Foundation year I'm on.

    So would I be turned away because of the Foundation year? If so then I could take the access to HE course next year but I would have to work and support myself at the same time, which may impact my grades.
    • PS Reviewer

    PS Reviewer
    You need to call/email all of the universities you are interested in, explain your situation and qualifications and ask them how they would view your application. This is the only way you can be certain that the information you have is accurate and up to date. People on TSR can offer anecdotes and suggestions, which might be correct, but you should never rely on it being so.

    Make the calls.

    Good luck!
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 1, 2018
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.