Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Why did a boy stop talking to me? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    For the past couple of weeks I have been speaking to a boy Via Snapchat. We usually messaged one another 2-3 times in a day, several times a week, taking it in turns to be the conversation starter. Our chat was casual but we showed interest in one another by our continuous messaging. I attend school with a couple of his friends, but we both go to different schools, so I haven’t met him in person. We are both 17. Everybody who speaks of him has the same opinion as I do, that he is a decent boy, with great morals due to his upbringing. To my shock, I recently discovered that he had removed me as a friend from Snapchat, and I really do not understand why. I cannot send him any snaps because it says it is pending. I honestly believed that we were getting on well and that we would go somewhere. My brain and emotions are now having the long debate of, ‘why did he remove me?’. Is it worthwhile me messaging him via another form of communication to ask why he removed me?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ebony55)
    For the past couple of weeks I have been speaking to a boy Via Snapchat. We usually messaged one another 2-3 times in a day, several times a week, taking it in turns to be the conversation starter. Our chat was casual but we showed interest in one another by our continuous messaging. I attend school with a couple of his friends, but we both go to different schools, so I haven’t met him in person. We are both 17. Everybody who speaks of him has the same opinion as I do, that he is a decent boy, with great morals due to his upbringing. To my shock, I recently discovered that he had removed me as a friend from Snapchat, and I really do not understand why. I cannot send him any snaps because it says it is pending. I honestly believed that we were getting on well and that we would go somewhere. My brain and emotions are now having the long debate of, ‘why did he remove me?’. Is it worthwhile me messaging him via another form of communication to ask why he removed me?
    You could try ask him why but if he removed you he probably doesnt want to hook up.
    • Community Assistant

Community Assistant
    Sadly ghosting is a thing people do. Apparently it's better than telling the person they aren't interested.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 1, 2018
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.