Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone else applied to do a History BA - with or without study abroad/year in placement?

I applied to do just a straight 3 year course, but I might change this once I get there. My offer is A*AA, but I received an email from Exeter about a week ago saying that they will still guarantee me a space, even if I miss out on the A*. Has anyone else had this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by izzygrace_17)
    Has anyone else applied to do a History BA - with or without study abroad/year in placement?

I applied to do just a straight 3 year course, but I might change this once I get there. My offer is A*AA, but I received an email from Exeter about a week ago saying that they will still guarantee me a space, even if I miss out on the A*. Has anyone else had this?
    Hi yes I have! I received an offer for History BA with a year abroad. I am currently studying the IB, but they've emailed with a similar offer (a lower overall point score of 34 and one HL grade lower). Do you think you will put it as your firm?

ReputationRep:
    1ucy26 yeah, I confirmed them as my firm last week with Southampton as my insurance. What about you?

ReputationRep:
    1ucy26 yeah, I confirmed them as my firm last week with Southampton as my insurance. What about you?
    Wow that's a coincidence, that's what I'm currently planning on putting down as my firm and insurance! I'm going on applicant days for both for a final look, but both looked really good on the open day. Have you applied for a year abroad at Southampton?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1ucy26)
    Wow that's a coincidence, that's what I'm currently planning on putting down as my firm and insurance! I'm going on applicant days for both for a final look, but both looked really good on the open day. Have you applied for a year abroad at Southampton?
    No, I haven’t applied for year abroad but may do at the end of 1st year. The good thing about Southampton is that they offer a semester abroad instead of the whole year which, to me, sounds quite appealing. I went to Southampton’s applicant day and I really like it. I’d be happy there but Exeter is where I have my heart set on 😊
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:

I got my offer a little while ago. BBB, gonna be my firm.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.