Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hiya, I just wanted to what really is "Foundation Year." Many of my relatives suggest me to do foundation year instead of a levels as its of only 1 year while a levels is of 2 so it's going to save my year. I really dont whether it's true or not so I want your answers for that ^~^
    And also Im doing O levels right now what's your opinion what should I opt for A levels or Foundation year?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Mtayyab21)
    Hiya, I just wanted to what really is "Foundation Year." Many of my relatives suggest me to do foundation year instead of a levels as its of only 1 year while a levels is of 2 so it's going to save my year. I really dont whether it's true or not so I want your answers for that ^~^
    And also Im doing O levels right now what's your opinion what should I opt for A levels or Foundation year?
    You can't go straight from O Levels (which are equivalent to UK GCSE) to a foundation year. In your situation, you need to take A Levels and you'll then be able to go to the first year of university.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    You can't go straight from O Levels (which are equivalent to UK GCSE) to a foundation year. In your situation, you need to take A Levels and you'll then be able to go to the first year of university.
    https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=3401311

ReputationRep:
    I think foundation years require alevel or equivalent and they can also be used for people who are inter in a course but didn’t quite meet the entry requirements, email university admissions and see what they think
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Mtayyab21)
    A foundation year is for those with A-levels (or equivalent) but they either have "poor" grades, or they did the wrong A-level subjects for a particular university course. So for example you could do an Engineering Foundation if you didn't have A-level Maths, but you did have 3 other A-levels.

So OP does need to have level 3 qualifications, such as A-levels.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.