Turn on thread page Beta

A level choices between further maths and physics ! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, I am currently choosing my a-levels and I want to study biotechnology at university. I have currently chosen biology, chemistry and maths along with an EPQ. I rly wanted to study further maths but everyone says that FM is only for engineering not for biological field. So can anyone tell me which one I should choose for my a- level subjects? Thanks
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by seonhu01)
    Hi everyone, I am currently choosing my a-levels and I want to study biotechnology at university. I have currently chosen biology, chemistry and maths along with an EPQ. I rly wanted to study further maths but everyone says that FM is only for engineering not for biological field. So can anyone tell me which one I should choose for my a- level subjects? Thanks
    Further Maths is a useful A Level for any quantitative degree. It's definitely not just for engineering! If you want to take Further Maths then by all means take it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plagioclase)
    Further Maths is a useful A Level for any quantitative degree. It's definitely not just for engineering! If you want to take Further Maths then by all means take it
    Thank you for the reply!

But I've heard that some universities don't see maths and FM as two separate subjects.
    Do you know those universities by any chance?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by seonhu01)
    Thank you for the reply!

But I've heard that some universities don't see maths and FM as two separate subjects.
    Do you know those universities by any chance?
    If this is the case, it should be stated clearly on the university's entrance requirements page. Check to make sure, but this is very much the exception rather than the rule. I have only ever heard it being the case for certain medicine courses, and I'm not even sure if that's true. Further Maths is highly respected and anyway, you're doing four A Levels plus an EPQ so that's more than enough.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.