Turn on thread page Beta

Sexual Assault - of course there are no mixed messages watch

• View Poll Results: If you are a woman, do you want to be asked permission before you make out?
    Yes, I want to be asked permission
    0%
    No, I think it's a mood killer
    100.00%
    People I fancy do not have to ask, but people I don't have to.
    0%

ReputationRep:
    Let's all say a big cheers to The Tab for not at all promoting negative messages. Of course, it's a silly news outlet, and several orders less serious than TSR even.

https://thetab.com/uk/2018/02/28/cal...campaign=xpost

However, as an 18 or 19 year old male - why would you not read something like this at the library when you're supposed to be doing 3000 words by tomorrow - and not at least have some doubt that what girls really want on a Wednesday night is to have you mack them right on the chops without asking?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Moved this to society

ReputationRep:
    This article is sad on so many levels. I think the younger generations are so far removed from reality by a media driven portrayal of what romance is that some don't really know what to expect. The author of this piece seems to be living in the expectation that a bloke she fancies in a bar is going to instinctively know exactly what she is expecting without her saying anything and then is going execute that expectation perfectly! Talk about a big ask.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.