Turn on thread page Beta

How does AQA GCSE Combined Science work? watch

ReputationRep:
    Ok so it's 2 GCSEs and my understanding is, each GCSE comprises of 3 papers (Bio, Chem and Physics), therefore each paper should be wortkh 33.3% right?

However the spec says each is worth 16.7% ??????????????

ReputationRep:
    6 papers
    bio paper 1 and paper 2
    chem paper 1 and paper 2
    phys paper 1 and paper 2

ReputationRep:
    It's probably 16.7% of the whole grade. Even though it's 2 GCSEs I think the grade should be shown as 7-7 (or as other numbers depending on what you get). This would be a change from before where core science and additional science would've been separate.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by adamantacademic)
    Ok so it's 2 GCSEs and my understanding is, each GCSE comprises of 3 papers (Bio, Chem and Physics), therefore each paper should be wortkh 33.3% right?

However the spec says each is worth 16.7% ??????????????
    Hi there :wavey:
    I've moved your thread to Maths, science and technology academic help where hopefully you'll get more answers In future, it's best to select the subject from the list here and create a thread in there instead :yep: If you want to see where threads belong, check out this thread

Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.