Turn on thread page Beta

ex-muslim hijabi... unfortunately AMA watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by No1 PIMP)
    Lol, yet your profile pic is of you not wearing one.
    yes the internet is the only free place for me

ReputationRep:
    What is your ethnicity? And what religion would you like to marry in the future

ReputationRep:
    belie
    (Original post by justanotherchica)
    well I annswered the first question already
    I didn't tell anyone and I have been secretly agnostic/atheist for about 2 years.
    I told my family the other day, surprisingly they didnt react violently. but my mum has expressed distate and hatred towards this and is constantly on my case thinking that im going to hell. My sister when she realised I know will completely degrade and hurt me. My family degrade me a lot. Most of my friends don't know... but my old friends when they realised I was becoming religious they told me they didnt want to be friends with me and left me. That hurt a lot.

Yes! there was a particular event. I attended a lecture at Oxford University regarding the enlightenment period and this brilliant professor was talking about how religion lacked any scientific knowledge and that it could not help us understand the world. He was referring to Christianity but it really struck me because I've never heard someone say that before. I wanted to raise my hand and say that Islam was a scientific religion ( I was heavily brainwashed at the time) but then I had an epiphany and thought that if Islam was truly scientific then this extremely intelligent professor and thousands of other intellectuals and scientists would be full of praise for islam... but they're not and that obviously means there is something wrong with that. It was a profound moment for me and for the first time I realised that it might not be the true religion. I start doing more research after that and now I'm an ex-muslim.

Thanks for showing interest
    what aspect of islam made you leave it ? also were you a practicing muslim.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hirsty97)
    I'm sorry you had to be born into such a totalitarian religion
    I hate my religion so much, I wish I was hindu or sikh or buddhist... anything but Muslim. It has ruined my life. I'm jealous of the girls at school and their free lives. Summer is the worst even though I love hot weather, all the girls are wearing barely anything and I have to walk out in a tent, it makes me feel so bitter.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=HighFructose;76372274][/QU
    OTE]
    thanksc

ReputationRep:
    Do you feel good after you left? Also what's your snap you're peng af

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RosieAppleLemon)
    I'm sorry that you're ignorant.
    That's not a rebuttal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ineedtorevise127)
    What is your ethnicity? And what religion would you like to marry in the future
    indian, preferably no religion. if they are religious then hopefully not the abrahamic faiths

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fashmone)
    belie

what aspect of islam made you leave it ? also were you a practicing muslim.
    urm everything
    i was an extremely practising muslim, I used to go to an islamic school and I was one of the most practising muslims there. I tried to be a moderate muslims for about 4 months but its such ********, my actions contradicted the religion entirely and I kept lying to myself and consoling myself that god loved me but I knew it wasn't true.

ReputationRep:
    I hate my religion so much, I wish I was hindu or sikh or buddhist... anything but Muslim. It has ruined my life. I'm jealous of the girls at school and their free lives. Summer is the worst even though I love hot weather, all the girls are wearing barely anything and I have to walk out in a tent, it makes me feel so bitter.
    a hijab and a maxi dress is hardly a tent
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Ex Muslim, forced hijabi
    ask me any question you like
    Right as unfortunate it is that you have left Islam, I truly do hope you find peace in your life aside from Islam.

As for the AMA, did anyone have an influence on you to leave Islam?(Sorry in advance, if this is not a question to ask!).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fashmone)
    Well, can you show me any of those 'unscientific claims as i believe Islam doesn't make any unscientific claims.
    Plantagenet Crown this looks right up your street... :daydreaming:
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jheinexx)
    a hijab and a maxi dress is hardly a tent
    an abaya is entirely different from just a maxi dress. maxi dresses are not acceptable in my house, only abayas very very concealing abayas.

ReputationRep:
    an abaya is entirely different from just a maxi dress. maxi dresses are not acceptable in my house, only abayas very very concealing abayas.
    woah an abaya in the summer? your parents are clearly just very strict then cos maxi dresses are modest and are allowed in islam
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    urm everything
    i was an extremely practising muslim, I used to go to an islamic school and I was one of the most practising muslims there. I tried to be a moderate muslims for about 4 months but its such ********, my actions contradicted the religion entirely and I kept lying to myself and consoling myself that god loved me but I knew it wasn't true.

The true scholars of Islam, beat I and you at that already. They were sinful, yet humble.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TimetoLogOut)
    Do you feel good after you left? Also what's your snap you're peng af
    it was the most liberating feeling in the world knowing that i didnt have to carry a burden around with me, that the world was not inaccessible to me anymore.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MiszshorTea786)
    Right as unfortunate it is that you have left Islam, I truly do hope you find peace in your life aside from Islam.

As for the AMA, did anyone have an influence on you to leave Islam?(Sorry in advance, if this is not a question to ask!).
    My condolences on your recent unfortunate tragedy!

But why are you back on TSR so soon?!?:mute:

ReputationRep:
    urm everything
    So you were lacking iman , subhanallah. Also you cant le the religioin based on some stuff you heard on the interenet you are lacking evidence o something thats unscientific , please give me a qura verse and proof to me anything unscientific

ReputationRep:
    it was the most liberating feeling in the world knowing that i didnt have to carry a burden around with me, that the world was not inaccessible to me anymore.
    you only answered half my question

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MiszshorTea786)
    The true scholars of Islam, beat I and you at that already. They were sinful, yet humble.
    well what Islam regards as sinful are generally perfectly humane and natural things, they aren't things to be ashamed about like sex and sexuality and the female body which is censored at obscene levels.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.