Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am currently building that makes budgeting for university students easy by allowing the user to manually input any incomes, such as Student Finance, and expenditures. Users can categorize their purchases using a pre-defined classification, such as Groceries, Rent and ATM/Cash Withdrawals, or they can create their own category. The user can set a budget for each category in addition to a weekly or monthly budget and the Spendometer will track the user’s balances and notify the user if they are close to reaching their spending limit.

If you were to use this application, would there be any additional features that you would like to be incorporated into the application? Any comments would be appreciated!
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by saraajones1996)
    I am currently building that makes budgeting for university students easy by allowing the user to manually input any incomes, such as Student Finance, and expenditures. Users can categorize their purchases using a pre-defined classification, such as Groceries, Rent and ATM/Cash Withdrawals, or they can create their own category. The user can set a budget for each category in addition to a weekly or monthly budget and the Spendometer will track the user’s balances and notify the user if they are close to reaching their spending limit.

If you were to use this application, would there be any additional features that you would like to be incorporated into the application? Any comments would be appreciated!
    How would it track balances? Would you expect users to grant access to thei bank details? If so I would expect some huge security levels on the app and reassurance that that information isn’t being stored anywhere.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saraajones1996)

I don't see what you're offering that students can't do themselves, either with a pen and paper or Excel. Their online banking will perfectly keep track of how much money they have, what they've spent and any ATM withdrawals. If they're putting all the information into your app there's no reason why doing it the ways I've mentioned would be any different.

ReputationRep:
    Apps like this already exist, even if they're not specifically aimed at students. I used to have one made by the Citizens Advice Bureau.

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.