Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Help, So confused and being messed around? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend and i have been together a long time, like two years. Anyway, we havent had the perfect relationship we always argue and stuff - I'm not going to lie and we've split up a couple times but have always got back together.

However, this past month I feel like something big is coming. My boyfriend has tried to break up with me on a serious note twice in the same month after some massive rows. He says we aren't working anymore, we aren't right for each other and says he's lost feelings. I still have a lot of feelings for him but it's like I feel he doesn't care much about me anymore, he still has some feelings for me but I don't know how much.

The problem is, he split up with me and I was devastated - he didn't talk to me for about a week and then started flirting with me again and we did some "things", he made me feel so wanted and he was saying everything I wanted to hear. Before we did the stuff I asked if I was going to regret doing this, like would he leave me afterwards and he said no. We carried on as normal a couple days after that then he randomly broke up with me again saying he tried to carry on as normal with me but he doesn't feel the same anymore and can't do it anymore.

So we didn't speak for a week more and the same thing happened again, he started flirting I asked him if I would regret it he said no, etc. Then he get blocking me on snapchat while we were still together and apologising saying he didn't want people to see our messages during the day at school and then he wouldn't respond for hours and randomly blocked me again. So I was so upset I accused him of using me only for pleasing him and his excuse is that he isn't using me, he just tries to be normal with me "but can't because he doesn't feel the same anymore and we don't work", but he doesn't sound like that when I'm pleasing him sexually he's always saying he loves me and stuff. But then he's saying he feels like hes forcing himself to speak to me when he doesn't want to because he's over me? He still gets jealous and has unblocked me on things, I just don't know where his heads at. He also says I fail to realise that he did or had genuine feelings for me and wasn't using me otherwise he would've messaged other girls in the relationship.

I'm really upset I'm the only one that's suffering and people may think I'm stupid for letting myself go back to him and keep being used but I'm still in love with him, I can't believe he's being like this and I'm not sure what he's doing? I understand he might have some feelings but this just seems so horrible.

ReputationRep:
    Is there someone else he’s talking to on the side you don’t know about?

Irregardless, he’s using you and doesn’t want you to move on. He’s making sure your feelings can’t go. That’s pure manipulation IMO, and you can do so much better.

You’re asking for trouble if you keep going down this road though. Cut your losses and move on. Let him stew over what he has lost and eventually time will ensure he knows what he has lost...and maybe that will make him a better boyfriend in the future.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BusMan21)
    Is there someone else he’s talking to on the side you don’t know about?

Irregardless, he’s using you and doesn’t want you to move on. He’s making sure your feelings can’t go. That’s pure manipulation IMO, and you can do so much better.

You’re asking for trouble if you keep going down this road though. Cut your losses and move on. Let him stew over what he has lost and eventually time will ensure he knows what he has lost...and maybe that will make him a better boyfriend in the future.
    I suspected that...Im not sure he's seeing anyone on the side, he says he isn't but I'm not sure I can trust him and im not sure why he would still use me if he did have someone. It's easier said than done after two years with him, I'm gonna try I just don't know how.

ReputationRep:
    Two years really isn't that long, but its long enough for him to realise that he has you on string. He is using you cos he only has you when he wants you and the rest if the time he doesn't care. You need to stop letting him get to you and he needs to know that you are not his plaything at his beck and call. Block him every way you can, avoid him in person, grieve for the 'relationship' if you must but DO NOT talk to him. you have to cut him out of your life completely or he will keep you hanging on to the vain hope of a relationship. Its never going to happen, hun and the sooner you realise that the sooner you can forget this loser and move on.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 1, 2018
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.