The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I have an offer from ucl for psychology with language sciences not pure.
Original post by Pearlfection1

When did you receive it? And what are your predicted grades? Mine is for the Italian diploma and they predicted me 100 out of 100
I recieved the offer back in December. My predicted grades are AAB.
Anyone applying not from the UK?
Hi! Yes I’m not from the UK and have applied for BSc Psychology 2018 entry. Haven’t recieved a decision yet
Hi :smile: I applied to UCL for Psychology with Education and I haven't heard back either. I've checked UCAS twelve thousand times. Eeeeeek.
I’m happy I am not alone in this anxiety 😂😂
Original post by dorandrisani
I’m happy I am not alone in this anxiety 😂😂

Hahahah Oh my gosh - we're absolutely in the same boat!!!!!!
Why are they taking so much time??? Ahahah
(edited 6 years ago)
I’ve heard that international applicants usually receive decisions later than applicants from the UK. The UCL website says all decisions will be made by 31 March. Hoping for the best 😊
Original post by prishabatra12
I’ve heard that international applicants usually receive decisions later than applicants from the UK. The UCL website says all decisions will be made by 31 March. Hoping for the best 😊

21 more days left👍🏼🙏🏼
Original post by dorandrisani
21 more days left👍🏼🙏🏼

Oh my word. I'm so excited and so nervous!!!
I got an offer after initially being rejected, lol. So so happy. Did anyone of you guys get in too?
Original post by Victoria.j.m
I got an offer after initially being rejected, lol. So so happy. Did anyone of you guys get in too?

That’s great! Congrats! I got rejected and was asked if I would like to be considered for psych and linguistics. I hope they offer me BSc Psychology too.
That’s great! Congrats! I got rejected and was asked if I would like to be considered for psych and linguistics. I hope they offer me BSc Psychology too.

Yes that's exactly what happened to me, too! Did you have to write an essay for them as well about "What interests you about the Psych and Lang Sciences course"? I wrote one and sent if off and didn't hear back for them for ages, when they suddenly emailed me last thursday saying that since their last email (where they told me I was rejected for the pure Psychology course) spaces have become available for BSc Psychology and that they reconsidered applicants who very narrowly missed an offer, and that I will hear their decision in the next 24 hours over UCAS track. I almost died inside out of fear. But it was an offer, probs the last thing I expected at that point!

I still find the Psychology and Lang Course pretty interesting though! I hope you get an offer!!!
Original post by Victoria.j.m
Yes that's exactly what happened to me, too! Did you have to write an essay for them as well about "What interests you about the Psych and Lang Sciences course"? I wrote one and sent if off and didn't hear back for them for ages, when they suddenly emailed me last thursday saying that since their last email (where they told me I was rejected for the pure Psychology course) spaces have become available for BSc Psychology and that they reconsidered applicants who very narrowly missed an offer, and that I will hear their decision in the next 24 hours over UCAS track. I almost died inside out of fear. But it was an offer, probs the last thing I expected at that point!

I still find the Psychology and Lang Course pretty interesting though! I hope you get an offer!!!

Yes. It’s the same case with me. I sent in the same essay a while back. I’m glad you got in! I’m going to keep my hopes up for the pure BSc Psychology! Thank you!
Original post by Pearlfection1

Same here! Have you attended UCL on the open days? I couldn't make it as I live in Canada .
It would be nice getting to know psych/ling folks
Original post by icearietty
Same here! Have you attended UCL on the open days? I couldn't make it as I live in Canada .
It would be nice getting to know psych/ling folks

Hi! I have an offer for psych and languages sciences too!
Hi! I have an offer for psych and languages sciences too!

Great to hear from you! Have you had a chance to visit the campus? My conditional offer is that I have to maintain at least 90 for six grade 12 courses.
Not sure if 2 or 3 marks being short of the requirement will result in withdrawal of my offer. I don't know how flexible UK universities can be with their applicants holding conditional offers.

Latest

Trending

Trending