Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i am just emotionless. i have never properly "laughed" of been sad. i just had a straight face. i dont understand love. i never had a girlfriend and i am starting to kind of feel something in terms of emotion.

ReputationRep:
    You might have Alexithmia, I think that's how to spell it. It comes with high IQ or if your on the autism spectrum. Or you might just be a cold person
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

I have Alexithymia, I also have an IQ of 156. I still feel no emotion, I've had girlfriends in the past and I can honestly say I have never loved any of them. However, I am in a relationship now and I have just started experiencing love.

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes I feel like that.

ReputationRep:
    Well the good news is you're msot certainly not a Psychopath otherwise you'd not even be concerned about it enough to ask. You do have emotions jsut from the question alone. Could be Autistic Spectrum disorder (I have OCD and Anxiety and on the spectrum with them alone) and get days sometimes weeks I feel like the next Narcissist waiting to happen. I have an I.Q of 145 (not that I have done anything with my life per say) likely never will. You may well be a really dark and cruel natured person or you might just be a genius- yes it's a lonely world isn't it. Another posibility is an Empath though I doubt that seeing as i'm one and Empaths tend to even on their worst days feel emotions a lot more than they would. The only other candidates are Sociopaths, Narccisists etc and I have met plenty of them you're not one. Hormonal imbalance is another potential alongside some mentla health disorder not recognised by people around you. I say go explore the reasons why or try to accept you might jsut be a bit of a genius.

ReputationRep:
    no it's not good u sociopath (jk)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sadasdasfsfafg)
    i am just emotionless. i have never properly "laughed" of been sad. i just had a straight face. i dont understand love. i never had a girlfriend and i am starting to kind of feel something in terms of emotion.
    Do you zone out/daydream a lot? Do you look at a ‘beautiful’ view and feel nothing? (Sorry it’s personal) did you have a rough childhood? These are common symptoms of disassociation as well as feeling no emotion so there’s a theory.

Also, depression or anxiety can cause numbness. Trust issues is another thing which might cause numbness. Just don’t listen to anyone saying you’re a psychopath/sociopath- both of them feel emotions, they just feel them differently😊
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rnl)
    Do you zone out/daydream a lot? Do you look at a ‘beautiful’ view and feel nothing? (Sorry it’s personal) did you have a rough childhood? These are common symptoms of disassociation as well as feeling no emotion so there’s a theory.

Also, depression or anxiety can cause numbness. Trust issues is another thing which might cause numbness. Just don’t listen to anyone saying you’re a psychopath/sociopath- both of them feel emotions, they just feel them differently😊
    Yeah, what they can't do is empathise.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.