Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I'm doing the AQA Combined Science Trilogy GCSE, is anyone able to recommend any revision resources (sadly because of it being a new GCSE there's no past papers, just the specimen papers) I'm struggling to revise and just need some recommendations of good resources/textbooks, thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    CPG 9-1 textbook is my favourite, I used to hate CPG but I love their combined science, it covers required practices as well as having questions and general science help. It covers all biology, chemistry and physics you need in just the one book. It's great to make revision/flash cards for as well which I recommend doing as you learn the content or in revision for an end of unit test. Hopefully you're in year 10 so you can get the exam papers from the exam season this summer to use as past papers, good luck in your revision!

Also has your exam overview at the front which is super useful when exams are really close and you need to know what specific topics to revise e.g B1-4 for biology paper 1 and B5-7 for paper 2, etc...
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by lydiarutharnold)
    Hey, I'm doing the AQA Combined Science Trilogy GCSE, is anyone able to recommend any revision resources (sadly because of it being a new GCSE there's no past papers, just the specimen papers) I'm struggling to revise and just need some recommendations of good resources/textbooks, thanks in advance
    Hi there :wavey:
    I've moved your thread to Maths, science and technology academic help where hopefully you'll get more answers In future, it's best to select the subject from the list here and create a thread in there instead :yep: If you want to see where threads belong, check out this thread

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! I have the CGP book (and a Collins one) at the moment, glad to see someone else recommends it sadly I'm in year 11 so that means I'm somewhat cramming revision so that's not great, thanks for the tips anyways

ReputationRep:
    bump

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lydiarutharnold)
    Girl...did you know there are a second set of specimen papers on the AQA website securely locked up!!! We got them for our mock!!!! I feel like I did great in Physics paper 2 but bad in chemistry paper 2!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HettiBetti)
    Girl...did you know there are a second set of specimen papers on the AQA website securely locked up!!! We got them for our mock!!!! I feel like I did great in Physics paper 2 but bad in chemistry paper 2!!!
    What was tested on each paper (if you can remember)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JOSH3214)
    Was the experiment about the water waves or using a speaker, microphone and oscilloscope
    Can't tell you!!

ReputationRep:
    There’s this free app called Tinycards which has flashcards for all three sciences. It’s really good because it also has other subjects too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xx_Kitty_xX)
    There’s this free app called Tinycards which has flashcards for all three sciences. It’s really good because it also has other subjects too.
    Ooo thank you
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

University open days

• Southampton Solent University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Sun, 18 Nov '18
  • University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
  • create my feed
  • edit my feed

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.