Turn on thread page Beta

i feel so depressed and lonely and i am scared to go to my GP/parents watch

ReputationRep:
    i have realised tha it is heavily impacting on my studies and that if i dont do anything, i will fail my gcses. if i go to my parents, they will tell me to harden the f*ck up and go revise. if i go to the GP, i feel like they would not care and just say i am not depressed and that i am just young etc... is it a waste of time for the NHS to deal with a teenager who is "supposedly" depressed

ReputationRep:
    help.

ReputationRep:
    I'm also suffering from depression. I'm in year 13 and didn't get help until it was almost too late. You think people won't care and you're wasting people's time, but trust me you're not. Getting help is the only way you'll get better. The GP is there to help. If they can't refer you to CAMHS (Children and adolescent mental health service) they'll give you other resources. You are not alone in what you are feeling no matter how much you think you are. There is always someone who can help. Trust me. Message me if you want also.

ReputationRep:
    please please do! It helped me

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

If your mood is having an impact on your everyday life (studies, relationships with friends + family, caring for yourself, hobbies etc.) then definitely go to your GP! It's definitely not a waste of time for the NHS. GP's want you to come to them if something's is impacting your everyday life. The sooner you get support, the better. Try going to your GP first or talking to a teacher or someone at school, you will get a lot more support with your work and this will relieve a lot of stress and pressure on yourself.

I hope you get the support you need

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kosza432)
    Hi,

If your mood is having an impact on your everyday life (studies, relationships with friends + family, caring for yourself, hobbies etc.) then definitely go to your GP! It's definitely not a waste of time for the NHS. GP's want you to come to them if something's is impacting your everyday life. The sooner you get support, the better. Try going to your GP first or talking to a teacher or someone at school, you will get a lot more support with your work and this will relieve a lot of stress and pressure on yourself.

I hope you get the support you need
    i dont like the "helper" teachers at my school . they only cared about the bad behaving ones who are CLEARLY ATTENTION SEEKING and not focusing on the really quiet kids who have been acting differently recently (drawing themselves back)

ReputationRep:
    Sorry for all of you who have to go through this. It is clearly not an easy road to be on. Please consult your school's guidance counselor, GP, or go to a doctor yourself to have your depression treated. Always make sure that you are also surrounded by people who support you as well.

I hope you get through this. I wish you all the best.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sadasdasfsfafg)
    i dont like the "helper" teachers at my school . they only cared about the bad behaving ones who are CLEARLY ATTENTION SEEKING and not focusing on the really quiet kids who have been acting differently recently (drawing themselves back)
    I totally understand. The majority of my teachers in high school were of no help. Try websites like kooth and childline (they offer online counselling but childline tends to be very busy). Try telling a friend about how your feeling as well. Keeping eveything bottled up will only harm you in the long run. The sooner you talk to someone the sooner you can recover. If you do talk a GP hopefully they can then talk to a member of staff at your school to further help you out. Most schools also offer counselling so seek that out as an option also.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sadasdasfsfafg)
    You don't have to talk to the 'helper' teachers. You can talk to anyone you feel comfortable with at school The best way to get support is to tell them, honestly it will help you massively.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 1, 2018
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.