Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have all the information I need for Land Transfer Unregistered/Registered.

The difficult part of course of applying it to my essay scenario.

SCENARIO:
    'A' was the owner of a freehold property known as Ashdown Farm, title to which was unregistered when he purchased it in 1988. The purchase did not trigger first registration at the Land Registry as the area that Ashdown Farm was located in did not become a compulsory registration area until December 1990 .

In 2005, 'A'granted his son, 'B', an option to purchase Oak Cottage, which was part of Ashdown Farm. The option was for a period of twenty years from 2005. The option agreement was in writing and signed by both parties. The document provided that the option could be exercised by the service of a notice by 'B' to 'A'.

A couple of years later, 'A' and 'B' quarrelled and, without 'B's knowledge, in 2009, 'A' sold Oak Cottage to his brother, 'C' The purchase price 'C' paid for Oak Cottage was about half its market value. 'C' was fully aware of the option granted in favour of 'B'. 'C' later sold Oak Cottage back to 'A'.

Last year, 'A's farm got into difficulties and his other brother, 'D' (who was in Australia at the time), agreed to lend him a sum of money to help him out. He lent him the money on condition that he could have a share of the farm if it was sold.

Notwithstanding the loan, 'A's business continued to struggle and he has now decided to sell the farm to a neighbouring farmer, 'E'

'E' now seeks your advice as to whether he will be bound by any right or interest 'B' or 'D' may have and, if he is, if there is any way he could avoid these.

Would be great to have a bit of guidance on starting this!

ReputationRep:
    did you manage to get any help?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Em_DMU)
    did you manage to get any help?
    yesss, got there in the end...

now the wait on the gradeee

ReputationRep:
    Glad to hear! Any chance you could throw the help my way? I have the exact same scenario haha! Been on it for a week and still have no clue what I’m doing

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 19, 2018
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.