The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

University of Sussex Media Production 2018 applicants

Hi, I'm Izzy :smile:

(I couldn't find a thread for this so I thought I'd just make one.)

I have chosen Sussex as my firm choice in Media Production, and I'm looking for people who have too - What accommodation are you guys choosing? And who's going to the applicant day 10th March?
Original post by Lost_Izzy

I have chosen Sussex as my firm choice in Media Production, and I'm looking for people who have too - What accommodation are you guys choosing? And who's going to the applicant day 10th March?

hello izzy!

i just got an offer from sussex for music. i have no idea about sussex reputation for music and how good it is. and i also got no idea about accomodation or anything.

Glad to know you are also into sussex :smile:
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Reply 2
Original post by vishalram
hello izzy!

i just got an offer from sussex for music. i have no idea about sussex reputation for music and how good it is. and i also got no idea about accomodation or anything.

Glad to know you are also into sussex :smile:

I went to the application day a few days ago and the media faculty looked good, so I am sure music will be :smile: Have you chosen your accommodation?
I went to the application day a few days ago and the media faculty looked good, so I am sure music will be :smile: Have you chosen your accommodation?

i am yet to confirm my admission. i am waiting for leeds, birmingham, london college of music and goldsmiths to respond. Any idea about these colleges?
Reply 4
Original post by vishalram
i am yet to confirm my admission. i am waiting for leeds, birmingham, london college of music and goldsmiths to respond. Any idea about these colleges?

No sorry, I'm sure you'll be able to find all about them online. :smile:
Hey! Currently, I'm doing my 2nd year of this course and,to be honest, it is not practical based whatsover. Most of the time you will spend reading media theory and touching only the basics of actual media production. If I were you, I would look for a better option. Just my honest advice really :smile:
By the way, media equipment store is not so great as well, you usually can borrow basic (usually quite 'old') equipment till the next morning. Tutors are nice and helpful (as much as they know about the subject), though.
Original post by eviadreamer
Hey! Currently, I'm doing my 2nd year of this course and,to be honest, it is not practical based whatsover. Most of the time you will spend reading media theory and touching only the basics of actual media production. If I were you, I would look for a better option. Just my honest advice really :smile:
By the way, media equipment store is not so great as well, you usually can borrow basic (usually quite 'old':wink: equipment till the next morning. Tutors are nice and helpful (as much as they know about the subject), though.

Hi,
Sorry for the late reply but the student room isn't letting me reply because it's saying it's spam so I'll just reply here

Oh no that doesn't sound great. I think i'd already know most of the basics of photography and stuff like that. What sort of assignments do you get given and how much help with them do you get because I don't know much about how to create moving image stuff? And also when you say free time how much do you mean? (Sorry for all the questions haha!)
It's really difficult because I don't really have much choice. I really love the city of Brighton - so much so that my other choice is Brighton Uni haha but I don't like the sound of their course as much. Do you know anyone doing media at Brighton?

Thanks for all your help,
Alyx

Hey, I have put media production as my firm choice for September too! Have you decided on accommodation yet? I applied today and put the new student village first, followed by Northfield :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending