Turn on thread page Beta

Do I go for the guy I’m currently happily seeing or the girl I’ve loved for two years watch

I’m not sure what to do. Two years ago I fell for the most amazing girl and I fell really hard (id die for her, I wanted to protect her from everything bad in the world etc). I told her and she said she felt the same but because we were 15 then our parents weren’t understanding of our sexuality and so she got back with her ex. That broke me aha coz he was horrid to her and she’d still go back to him.

But anyway, 2 years down the line I’m still very much in love with her but I have learnt to suppress these feelings and I refuse to pursue them because of last time (it destroyed our friendship a year ago). I’ve met this other guy who is really lovely and I really like him. But she just outshines anyone else in the picture.. I don’t know what to do. We’re now best friends like we were two years ago before I confessed my feelings but I don’t think these feelings will ever go away and I just can’t fault her like I can with anyone else.

With this guy he’s very secretive about our relationship and he will never tell his family about me so it makes it very hard to meet up sometimes and I always feel a bit tense because he’s so private. But with this girl her family is so lovely, she wouldn’t hide me away and I could relax. But I really can’t afford to ruin this friendship again and it seems too big a risk in case she doesn’t feel the same. This guy is also really sweet and I’m lucky to have him around... but she’s different.

I don’t know what to do😅😐
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    go with your gut instincts if you think she’s the one!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by circleofsighs)
    go with your gut instincts if you think she’s the one!
    The thing is, one day I’ll want children of my own and if I marry a girl that can’t happen. So I know any girl I date won’t be the one and her friendship means so much to me idk if I should risk throwing that away...

ReputationRep:
    your a lesbo embrace it

ReputationRep:
    scientists are working towards creating an embryo from the DNA of two women so never say never!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leah878909)
    your a lesbo embrace it
    Aha I’m bi but yeah I do really embrace my sexuality😊

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rnl)
    The thing is, one day I’ll want children of my own and if I marry a girl that can’t happen. So I know any girl I date won’t be the one and her friendship means so much to me idk if I should risk throwing that away...
    artificial insemination

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 4, 2018
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.