Turn on thread page Beta

took £5 from mum and feel awful watch

Announcements

hey everyone, my parents never give me any money and i am expected to fend for myself - meaning that i have to buy my own clothes, makeup, hygiene products and get myself to and fro places etc. in addition, my parents don’t give me any money (except for on birthdays and at christmas time). as a result of this, i got myself a paid part time job towards the end of 2017 and use money that i earn from that to help me with day to day life really. however, my parents do provide me with food, a private school education and shelter, which i am obviously very grateful for.

however, my parents refuse to give me an allowance and never give me any money when i want to go out with friends (even though i do ask politely and offer to do chores round the house). i am meant to be seeing two of my friends tomorrow, but the bus ride in total (there and back) costs about £5. i have never done anything like this before, but i did go into my mum’s purse and take £5 without asking her. i would have paid for the bus myself, but all my money is on card and buses round me only accept cash.

i honestly feel so awful about what i have done and am debating just returning the money and not going tomorrow. please help!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Why didn’t you use your own money?

(Original post by Jheinexx)
    Why didn’t you use your own money?
    i basically would have used my own money, but there is no way that i could have gone and taken money out of the cash machine by tomorrow x
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Ask her if you can borrow it, don't take it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    i basically would have used my own money, but there is no way that i could have gone and taken money out of the cash machine by tomorrow x
    So you had money in your card but you needed money to actually get there is what youre sayin?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    hey everyone, my parents never give me any money and i am expected to fend for myself - meaning that i have to buy my own clothes, makeup, hygiene products and get myself to and fro places etc. in addition, my parents don’t give me any money (except for on birthdays and at christmas time). as a result of this, i got myself a paid part time job towards the end of 2017 and use money that i earn from that to help me with day to day life really. however, my parents do provide me with food, a private school education and shelter, which i am obviously very grateful for.

however, my parents refuse to give me an allowance and never give me any money when i want to go out with friends (even though i do ask politely and offer to do chores round the house). i am meant to be seeing two of my friends tomorrow, but the bus ride in total (there and back) costs about £5. i have never done anything like this before, but i did go into my mum’s purse and take £5 without asking her. i would have paid for the bus myself, but all my money is on card and buses round me only accept cash.

i honestly feel so awful about what i have done and am debating just returning the money and not going tomorrow. please help!
    Don't worry! Tell her the bus only accepts cash, but you didn't have cash at the time, and you were in a rush to go, so you borrowed her money for the time being and intend to pay her back. Then just withdraw £5 from your card and give it to her when you get time.

ReputationRep:
    Well you should feel bad stealing from your parents. If you work then you're old enough that they don't owe you an allowance and you should be 'fending for yourself'.

Put the £5 back.

If you want to go with your friends either ask your friends or your mum if they can lend you £5 for the bus which you will pay back. And learn in future it's better to keep at least £10 cash on you in case of these situations.

ReputationRep:
    How old are you?

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.