Turn on thread page Beta

Hating university watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I started university right out of high school going into engineering for my dad which lasted about two weeks of crying every single day after school so then I dropped out and worked the rest of the year. I then did a full year of accounting, loved my school and friends that I had made but accounting just was too dry. Math has always been my strong suit and favourite subject in school so I decided I should get my math degree and become a teacher. I had to switch to a new school since they didn’t have my program at my previous school. I absolutely hate university. I hate learning I hate studying there is nothing I enjoy about it and this year has been so much worse cause I have yet to make any friends at my new school. I have breakdowns at least twice a week and just generally am miserable. My grades are horrible I’m getting C+ in all my math classes which is the lowest grade I can get while still continuing on. I also just don’t feel like I fit with anyone in my classes they all enjoy learning the stuff and find it interesting whereas I just wanna get it over with and move on to the next. My question is, is it normal to hate everything about university? I don’t have any motivation to do anything I always leave everything till last minute which just makes everything worse I know but I truly just don’t wanna do it but feel like I have no other options please help!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Mikaylaaaaaaa)
    I started university right out of high school going into engineering for my dad which lasted about two weeks of crying every single day after school so then I dropped out and worked the rest of the year. I then did a full year of accounting, loved my school and friends that I had made but accounting just was too dry. Math has always been my strong suit and favourite subject in school so I decided I should get my math degree and become a teacher. I had to switch to a new school since they didn’t have my program at my previous school. I absolutely hate university. I hate learning I hate studying there is nothing I enjoy about it and this year has been so much worse cause I have yet to make any friends at my new school. I have breakdowns at least twice a week and just generally am miserable. My grades are horrible I’m getting C+ in all my math classes which is the lowest grade I can get while still continuing on. I also just don’t feel like I fit with anyone in my classes they all enjoy learning the stuff and find it interesting whereas I just wanna get it over with and move on to the next. My question is, is it normal to hate everything about university? I don’t have any motivation to do anything I always leave everything till last minute which just makes everything worse I know but I truly just don’t wanna do it but feel like I have no other options please help!
    Uni isn't for everyone and that's fine. It sounds like you are a bit lost at uni and aren't enjoying it as much as you thought you would. Why not take some time off and work for a bit. You don't need a uni degree for everything and the time working may help you to realise that you don't need to go to uni at all.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.