Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Anyone on here know I’m entitled to a loan for another degree even if my first one was funded by myself outside the U.K.? Thankssss
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Cmd12)
    Anyone on here know I’m entitled to a loan for another degree even if my first one was funded by myself outside the U.K.? Thankssss
    Hi Cmd12,

Student Finance England will not fund a second degree unless it is an exception course.

You will be pleased to know that Nursing is an exception course.

Students domiciled in England, studying in England who hold an equivalent or higher level of qualification will still be eligible to receive full SFE funding and any years of previous study will be disregarded as long as you meet the residency requirements.

That means eligible to receive full funding from Student Finance England i.e Tuition Fee Loan, Maintenance Loan and applicable grants.

Thanks Rona

ReputationRep:
    Thanks

I am Irish.. I’ve never lived in the uk. Will I still be eligible because I’m from the eu?

Thanks again
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Cmd12)
    Thanks

I am Irish.. I’ve never lived in the uk. Will I still be eligible because I’m from the eu?

Thanks again

Hi Cmd12,

To be assessed for the same level of support as a home student you need to have five years residency in the UK.

• Are ordinarily resident in England on the first day of the first academic year of the course ( except EU nationals who are exercising their right to roam/reside)
    • Have 5 years residency in the UK

EU Nationals studying in England who don't have the relevant years residency within the United Kingdom will be eligible to apply for a Tuition Fee Loan as an EU student.

Thanks Rona

University open days

• Staffordshire University
    Everything except: Midwifery, Operating Department Practice, Paramedic Undergraduate
    Sun, 21 Oct '18
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.