Want more information about this university?
hannah_dru
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Don't base your judgement on rankings!! They're rubbish in my opinion.

Hmmm...based on that letter it sounds like the course you applied for might be either over-subscribed (which is possible if it's management) or they thought you were suitable for something else. Depending on whether or not you like that course it might help with decisions a bit.

I don't know anything about student life in Nottingham I'm afraid but I can tell you about Birmingham and Aston.
Yohann-v
Report 12 years ago
The course they made me an offer is computer sciences and Management...

I really don't know why, 'cause I didn't even talked about computers in my PS... I just talked about Mathematics.

Management might be over-subscribed, I guess
amir123
Report 12 years ago
cristal clear ponaya..! aston is much better off than leeds...! so go for aston...!
hannah_dru
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
That's strange. Would you be willing to take that up instead? I'm trying not to be Aston biased!!
Yohann-v
Report 12 years ago
I need to talk with the admission office and try to switch from computer sciences and Management to Management... because computer science Ourghh, I really don't give a damn about java scripts

By now, I think I would go for Aston, but I'm still waiting for LSE.
chakk_3
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Which course are you doing? What do you think of the ms business and management at aston univ?
StarLinyx
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Cristalclear)
thanx trulyblessed, whats the course your doing? So you picked Aston over Leeds right? Any-other reason why you did this?
Leeds is the stronger uni overall, with a larger campus and massive student population. Students on average achieve much higher grades to gain entry for Leeds than Aston. That said, I personally prefer Birmingham over Leeds as a city, with it being generally nicer. Aston also has a solid reputation with regards to business courses in the UK, although Leeds clearly has the better global reputation relative to Aston.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (130)
37.25%
Take autumn exams (107)
30.66%
Look for a job (11)
3.15%
Consider an apprenticeship (13)
3.72%
Take a year out (66)
18.91%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (22)
6.3%

Watched Threads