Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello, just wondering if anyone had some advice. I sadly did not get an offer from Chelsea to do Fine Art, however they gave me an offer for Wimbledon Fine Art (painting). Is Wimbledon good? Is the painting course restrictive and exclusively painting? I also have offers from Leeds art uni, how does it compare to wimbledon? Any help would be appreciated!!

ReputationRep:
    You have a slight problem as Chelsea is a broad based course and you can work in any medium depending on your ideas , it is an ideas lead course , Wimbledon is more specific to painting and depending on your understanding of painting may not be so broad in approach , check out their website and see if you relate to any of the work , having said that it is an excellent standard and UAL is world class for arts, you must be pretty good to get in and it will be a very good education but also be warned you have to do a lot of theory study which will be self directed and researched , they don't hand it to you . I have no idea about Leeds.( Ex grad from Chelsea Fine Art degree. )Good Luck !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miko88)
    You have a slight problem as Chelsea is a broad based course and you can work in any medium depending on your ideas , it is an ideas lead course , Wimbledon is more specific to painting and depending on your understanding of painting may not be so broad in approach , check out their website and see if you relate to any of the work , having said that it is an excellent standard and UAL is world class for arts, you must be pretty good to get in and it will be a very good education but also be warned you have to do a lot of theory study which will be self directed and researched , they don't hand it to you . I have no idea about Leeds.( Ex grad from Chelsea Fine Art degree. )Good Luck !
    Thanks a lot for the reply!

ReputationRep:
    Hey!
    I had the same offer as you! I had an interview at Chelsea for Fine art but instead, they offered me a place in Wimbledon Painting course! Did you already decide in which course you will study? (Most likely)
    To be honest I am very excited that there are theatre related courses as well as I am into theatre, literature and performing arts! And painting would be my main media in fine arts as well. I saw student work and they seemed very good and interesting. I am a bit scared about the comment - it isn't that broad with mixed media - but I think that everything depends on your/mine/artist vision! In any case we will do what we want and learn what we must learn. Therefore I think that if you are curious enough then there shouldn't be any problems. I also heard that in this school you have to study a lot by yourself and maybe there are not that much lectures with teachers... but again... I think that everything depends on yourself and your interests.
    Any thoughts or comments?

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
University of the Arts London resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.