Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I currently am doing an access course and we have very strict deadlines.
    I just missed one.
    This means my grade will be capped at a pass, and I feel awful about myself because of it. I didn't finish in time and that's totally my fault because I left it to the last minute. However it is in my best subject and I am worried my tutor is going to think badly of me now.
    I also don't know how to bring it up to my parents since I feel I will eventually have to tell them that I only got a pass which is going to disappoint them beyond belief.

I just want to hurl up in a ball and cry forever.

The only kind of good thing is that I don't need anything above a pass to get onto my uni course...

ReputationRep:
    So treat it as a lesson well learned and one that won’t happen again when it will impact your degree classification

Contact your tutor, explain what happened and what you plan to do to stop it happening again. They may have ideas you haven’t thought of.

Once you’ve done that it will be easier to tell your parents since you will have dealt wi5h the problem.

Oh, btw we all mess up occasionally. It’s what you do afterwards that counts.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • University of Chester
    Chester campuses Undergraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Ambitious, driven, developing your career & employability? Aspiring in your field, up-skilling after a career break? Then our Postgrad Open Evening is for you. Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.