Turn on thread page Beta

How does my cover letter look? Feel free to take it if it looks good? watch

ReputationRep:
    Dear Sir/Madam,
    I am writing to apply for the position Customer Service Assistant at KFC that i saw on Indeed.com.
    During my work experience at Martin Primary School in East Finchley working as an Assistant helping the staff for two weeks, I feel that I have gained great knowledge of safety in the school.
    Having worked at Martin Primary School I believe that I have received great customer service skills. I am friendly and also hardworking and love IT and I have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment I believe I fulfil all of these requirements and I am therefore an excellent candidate for the position.
    I have developed good communication skills and numeracy skills during my time at school, college including work experience. The bridging course I took at Barnet and Southgate College has also helped me work as part of a team from when I ran a charity event. From this event, I learned to work good in a team and was very brave and very conniving when trying to persuade people to buy my products.
    I am available to work full weekends and Mondays and Fridays after 3pm.
    Please review the enclosed CV, in addition, please feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience on email.
    Thank you in advance for your consideration. I look forward to our conversation.
    Yours Sincerely,
    Sadiq Alhadi

ReputationRep:
    To whom it may concern Smiggle-Solihull 17 October 2017 RE: Application for Xmas Sales Assistant Dear Sir or Madam As a recent College leaver who is ambitious and confident, I am writing this cover letter to apply for the position for Xmas sales assistant in the Smiggle, Solihull store. As a student I have been through a lot of hard work and have gained many experiences and skills which make me a great candidate for this job. These experiences have taught me to work on time and with great effort. Examples of experiences:
    • Confidence and Customer service: I currently volunteer part-time and this has made me confident when it comes to helping customers to the best of my ability, it has also helped me gain skills when working with customers.
    • Responsibility and motivation: Whilst studying Graphic design and Art, I have had to work to strict deadlines whilst maintaining the best quality work possible. This has helped me gain experience when it comes to working hard and working with deadlines. (This means I am also accustomed to bold and quirky logos and brands.)
    • Accuracy and attention to detail: Whilst volunteering I have had to move lots of different stock around and into themes, whilst helping customers when needed, this taught me to be accurate and to have a good attention to detail.
    • Punctuality and effort: I have been commended a great deal of times whilst I was in education for my attendance and for the effort that I have put in.
    I am aware that you will get many applications for this important role. I would be grateful to be considered and would love to show you my skills and work ethic. I believe that I have a lot to offer your organisation. I am keen to strengthen my skills and look forward to discussing my application with you at an interview and I am ready to work for a modern, vibrant store. Thanking you in advance for your time, Yours sincerely, Ben Dodd

This was last year's cover letter for a store that sells stationary and school stuff. I don't know how good it is but the layout is nice. Feel free to use the layout and add to it if you wish.

(The date should be at the top right of the document but pasting this has put it on the left making it look stupid.)

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.