Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Out of curiosity, would you say this paper is harder than A Level Chemistry?
    There's a lot of stuff to look at. These two are barely comparable. But, by just looking at it would you say marks are harder to get at A Level Chemistry or not?
    A lot of persons here are saying A levels are ****. But I beg to differ.
    Unit 1 = First year , 2 = second
    Please, no negativity.
    Here it is: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_li...?usp=drive_web

ReputationRep:
    404 error

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pigster)
    404 error
    Sorry about that. The link's updated now.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't read it all, but my initial observations are that it doesn't appear to be any harder in content that OCR A (that I teach) or AQA that I taught many years ago, the level of questions pretty much seems the same. My guess (without reading the specification) is that there appears to be more content, BUT I don't know what is expected knowledge from prior learning. It might be that the stuff that we do not teach is just continuation from whatever went before (age 11-16 etc.).

The style of questioning is rather reminiscent of the "good old days", i.e. Qs are more vague over what you are being asked to do. This is something the English exam boards have been working on (that it seems CAPE haven't), UK questions are very direct. The candidate can more easily recognise what the Q is asking of them and then it is just a case of being able to do whatever they are expected to do. A handful of CAPE Qs required a fair amount of working out what the Q was about before I could then work out if I knew how to answer them. This makes the Qs harder, without making the chemistry of the Qs harder.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 2, 2018

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.