The Student Room Group

I didn't manage to graduate

i studied in university for 3 years and now i only have high school diploma. i have no experience at al in university just go to university and learn. I decided leave my hard work for 3 years and almost done with my thesis and graduate from University. i waste my life and youth. Now, I don't know what to work on since i can't do any decent job or any job. This is make me sad. Can i still go back again to uni if i manage to settle my life?
Yes, you can. You can also go into a trade (plumbers and electricians don't require a degree, they will ALWAYS be in demand, and can make upwards of £100k a year) or take an apprenticeship. University isn't the be and end all.
Are you foreign?
Reply 3
Original post by Less(e/o)n
Are you foreign?

What has that got to do with OP's question? Very sly comment indeed. Grammatical errors are uncalled for here. Op simple asked for an advice. Op, esralled provided very good advice. I would think of his advice and find ways to achieve it.
Original post by Vanny17
What has that got to do with OP's question? Very sly comment indeed. Grammatical errors are uncalled for here. Op simple asked for an advice. Op, esralled provided very good advice. I would think of his advice and find ways to achieve it.

Indeed they are, which is why I asked the question in the first place. I fail to see how this is sly, however.
Reply 5
Original post by Vanny17

It's relevant because if we know where OP is based we can more accurately provide information and advise.

No point suggesting a British careers advise service if OP isn't in Britain, for example...
Reply 6
Original post by merryship
i studied in university for 3 years and now i only have high school diploma. i have no experience at al in university just go to university and learn. I decided leave my hard work for 3 years and almost done with my thesis and graduate from University. i waste my life and youth. Now, I don't know what to work on since i can't do any decent job or any job. This is make me sad. Can i still go back again to uni if i manage to settle my life?

I note from one of your other threads you studied English at university, are you in the UK or somewhere else? Did you leave university early without completing the course?

You can apply for jobs that don't ask for a degree. There's plenty out there.
Original post by Vanny17

It is highly relevant and was my first thought when I read it this morning. As Doonesbury points out it is relevant because we need to establish which education system they are talking about to provide relevant advice. If they arent in the UK then its pointless me providing contact details for UK resources.

There doesnt have to be anything sly about it at all.
What is a very important poster?
Reply 9
Reply 10
Original post by Doonesbury
I note from one of your other threads you studied English at university, are you in the UK or somewhere else? Did you leave university early without completing the course?

You can apply for jobs that don't ask for a degree. There's plenty out there.

I'm not living in the UK. I live in Indonesia. I studied English for Creative Industry there. I studied there for 3 years and I got one year left for thesis but i left it.
I thought i can apply for jobs but it seems like most of them require a Bachelor degree in my country or diploma.

I guess my future is on hold here. I tried to apply some jobs but they don't accept it because like i told you "No bachelor degree"
Reply 11
I'm not living in the UK. I live in Indonesia. I studied English for Creative Industry there. I studied there for 3 years and I got one year left for thesis but i left it.
I thought i can apply for jobs but it seems like most of them require a Bachelor degree in my country or diploma.

I guess my future is on hold here. I tried to apply some jobs but they don't accept it because like i told you "No bachelor degree"

Are you able to resume your studies if you can show you had extenuating circumstances (eg an illness)?

This is mostly a UK website so I'm not familiar with the Indonesian employment market, but I'm quite sure there will be junior roles that don't require a degree. Perhaps ask at an employment agency?

I'm tagging @wolfmoon88 for thoughts....

Original post by Doonesbury
Are you able to resume your studies if you can show you had extenuating circumstances (eg an illness)?

This is mostly a UK website so I'm not familiar with the Indonesian employment market, but I'm quite sure there will be junior roles that don't require a degree. Perhaps ask at an employment agency?

I'm tagging @wolfmoon88 for thoughts....

Thank you for the mention :smile:

I'm not sure I would be able to help much other than confirming that most decent jobs in Asia requires a person to have completed their bachelor's degree... If you can resume your studies (which you would need to contact your former uni about) that would be best as you were really close to finishing university.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending