Turn on thread page Beta

I have a problem with self-loathing. Almost, everyday i self loath about myself failing university and my life. i feel in secure about my body and look. i'm worried about my future, am i able to live? i feel like i have no talents or future. I feel like my life is over as a student and human. how can i overcome this self-loath and depression?
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I have a problem with self-loathing. Almost, everyday i self loath about myself failing university and my life. i feel in secure about my body and look. i'm worried about my future, am i able to live? i feel like i have no talents or future. I feel like my life is over as a student and human. how can i overcome this self-loath and depression?
    You take steps to improve yourself. Join a gym is an obvious one. Practice things until you become good at it.

Self loathing is only useful if it drives you to make a change. If not, you're wasting your time and you need to get moving.

ReputationRep:
    A lot of people do have similar feelings, it's not unique. One of my few saving graces is that I like the work that I do. What sort of stuff do you enjoy? Maybe try to find an activity / job related to that?

ReputationRep:
    https://memegenerator.net/img/instan...x/52806140.jpg

Yes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Check out self help videos on You Tube. I find Iyanla Vanzant is very good.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 2, 2018
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.