Turn on thread page Beta

I think I HAVE LEARNING DISABILITY SINCE I WAS A KID watch

I don't know since when i feel like i have learning disabilities since i got this research methods class when i studied in university. I found out that i can't do good in academic. It's difficult for me to learn mathematics, science, and grammar. it's difficult for to learn, its like something strange that i can't catch up in my brain even though i try to learn it slowly. I can think in logical. My IQ last time i checked in high school was 101. It's below average. I guess i'm an idiot. however, people said i can study in university now because i'm not stupid. I think differently and i found university getting harder to catch up for my brain. i lost focus and my brain hurts every-time i try to catch up.
    In the end, I quit my university after i studied for 3 years and 1 left years and done my thesis. i regret it but i don't know what am i doing. it's hard for me. i'm the lowest and slowest, even though i get an A or B+ in certain subjects.
    i regret it after i quit. what am i supposed to do with my life? can i get a job? can i survive?

ReputationRep:
    Go the doctors and see If you can get a diagnosis. Many people have learned disabilities and don't get diagnosed. If you get diagnosed they can give you advice on things. If you have a learning disability you can still get a job but people with a learning disability do tend to have self dealt on this subject.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    ...what am i supposed to do with my life? can i get a job? can i survive?
    As @thedevil has said, you will need formal assessment. Your GP is usually the first point of call and they can refer you to the psychologists for evaluation. But of course you can get a job and will survive!

When current IQ tests were developed, the median raw score of the norming sample is defined as IQ 100 and scores each standard deviation (SD) up or down are defined as 15 IQ points greater or less, although this was not always so historically. By this definition, approximately two-thirds of the population scores are between IQ 85 and IQ 115. About 2.5 percent of the population scores above 130, and 2.5 percent below 70.

So an IQ of 101 is average and certainly not below average.

How can i get it tested? if i have a learning disability or not. Is it even available to do that kind of test?

(Original post by TheDevil)
    Go the doctors and see If you can get a diagnosis. Many people have learned disabilities and don't get diagnosed. If you get diagnosed they can give you advice on things. If you have a learning disability you can still get a job but people with a learning disability do tend to have self dealt on this subject.
    how can i get it tested? Is it even available for that kind of test?

ReputationRep:
    You would have to go to your GP to you referred to someone who will be able to diagnose you. Do some research on learning disabilities and try to figure out what exactly you might have then ask you doctor if you can get tested for it or get referred to someone else who can help you. How old are you because sometimes with adults if haven't been diagnosed as a child they won't bother. Just keep going back until they give you the help and support you need.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 2, 2018
Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.