Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have not even started my 1st year yet, so this is not really something I need to think about yet, but I was just curious as to where people usually live for the 2nd and 3rd year.

Do they stay in uni accommodation or rent somewhere else? How likely am I to get uni accommodation past 1st year?

Just wondering, because it would be difficult for me to be able to afford private housing in London. I’m worried that I will be in a situation where I won’t be able to afford my rent, unless I’m in uni accommodation.

My uni will be UCL and I’m an EU student if that makes a difference.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thomazo)
    I have not even started my 1st year yet, so this is not really something I need to think about yet, but I was just curious as to where people usually live for the 2nd and 3rd year.

Do they stay in uni accommodation or rent somewhere else? How likely am I to get uni accommodation past 1st year?

Just wondering, because it would be difficult for me to be able to afford private housing in London. I’m worried that I will be in a situation where I won’t be able to afford my rent, unless I’m in uni accommodation.

My uni will be UCL and I’m an EU student if that makes a difference.
    Most people will move into a private house share after 1st year. UCL make clear they expect students to do this on their accomodation page
    "we would expect students in subsequent years to find their own places using University of London Housing Services"

The good news is most courses come with enough time during the week or with long holidays that you can work and save up if money is an issue.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jelly1000)
    Most people will move into a private house share after 1st year. UCL make clear they expect students to do this on their accomodation page
    "we would expect students in subsequent years to find their own places using University of London Housing Services"

The good news is most courses come with enough time during the week or with long holidays that you can work and save up if money is an issue.
    Ok, thanks for the reply

University open days

• University of East Anglia (UEA)
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Secondary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Thu, 18 Oct '18
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.