Accommodation for 2nd and 3rd year? (London)

Watch
Thomazo
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I have not even started my 1st year yet, so this is not really something I need to think about yet, but I was just curious as to where people usually live for the 2nd and 3rd year.

Do they stay in uni accommodation or rent somewhere else? How likely am I to get uni accommodation past 1st year?

Just wondering, because it would be difficult for me to be able to afford private housing in London. I’m worried that I will be in a situation where I won’t be able to afford my rent, unless I’m in uni accommodation.

My uni will be UCL and I’m an EU student if that makes a difference.
jelly1000
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Thomazo)
I have not even started my 1st year yet, so this is not really something I need to think about yet, but I was just curious as to where people usually live for the 2nd and 3rd year.

Do they stay in uni accommodation or rent somewhere else? How likely am I to get uni accommodation past 1st year?

Just wondering, because it would be difficult for me to be able to afford private housing in London. I’m worried that I will be in a situation where I won’t be able to afford my rent, unless I’m in uni accommodation.

My uni will be UCL and I’m an EU student if that makes a difference.
Most people will move into a private house share after 1st year. UCL make clear they expect students to do this on their accomodation page
"we would expect students in subsequent years to find their own places using University of London Housing Services"

The good news is most courses come with enough time during the week or with long holidays that you can work and save up if money is an issue.
Thomazo
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by jelly1000)
Most people will move into a private house share after 1st year. UCL make clear they expect students to do this on their accomodation page
"we would expect students in subsequent years to find their own places using University of London Housing Services"

The good news is most courses come with enough time during the week or with long holidays that you can work and save up if money is an issue.
Ok, thanks for the reply
SophieW17498
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
They stay in private accommodation or do flat share i am pretty sure. I personally am looking as I am going into my first year soon. I am staying in private accommodation either way- so I can make friends outside if my uni.
I hear that private accommodation is about 1/3 times more expensive or so for rent but has better facilities, I know iQ and and Chapter are luxury options, but places like Studnet Riost cost less for a great place too!!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (33)
8.07%
Confident (55)
13.45%
Indifferent (58)
14.18%
Unsure (104)
25.43%
Worried (159)
38.88%

Watched Threads