Turn on thread page Beta

Why did you choose the University you went to? watch

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone

I am currently undertaking some work about why and how students choose the University that they eventually go to.

I'm interested in

1. Why you choose that course?
    2. Why you chose that University over other institutions?
    3. What made you choose that University?
    4. Did any of your short-listed Universities, do anything special/different that made you choose them over somewhere else.
    5. For any students who are looking for 2018/19 entry - what are the key factors influencing your University choices at the moment?
    6. Do you think you made the right choice or are there other factors that you would consider if you were applying now.

Thanks so much in advance, this will really help with the work I am doing.

ReputationRep:
    I'm interested in Bsc Chemistry at UCL

1. Why you choose that course? I was always very interested in chemistry during GCSEs and AS Levels. The practical element of chemistry is probably my favourite part which is great when UCL requires you to do I think at least 6hrs of labs in the first year (more later on). Chemistry is also a degree which will keep my options open when trying to find a job or post grad education.
    2. Why you chose that University over other institutions? At first, I 100% thought I was not going to firm UCL. I think I was slightly put off by the student satisfaction and national rankings. But after visiting the unis and researching more in depth, I chose UCL. Their global rep is really good and research there is also great. The staff there were very friendly and I really like London.
    3. What made you choose that University? (Same answer as no. 2)
    4. Did any of your short-listed Universities, do anything special/different that made you choose them over somewhere else. I was a huge fan of Warwick since their global rep and national rep is good. Also, they have really modern labs and equipment. The campus itself was great, but it felt kinda isolated and the towns nearby (Coventry and Leamington Spa) I also didn't like.
    5. For any students who are looking for 2018/19 entry - what are the key factors influencing your University choices at the moment? Graduate prospects, REF tables, global/national rankings, reputation, my experience at the uni (during open days and offer holder days), how far is it from home, any opportunities to boost CV (eg work experience). I've probably missed a few but these are the factors that were the most important to me.
    6. Do you think you made the right choice or are there other factors that you would consider if you were applying now. Idk yet. I'm going there this September so I'll see if I've made the right choice then

ReputationRep:
    to do some banking

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for your answer - much appreciated and a great help. I hope your course is everything you want it to be when you start in September, Warwick is a lovely place

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 2, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.