Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey I just noticed that the entry requirement for politics is a 40 ib in ucas but on the university's website it's a 43. Which one is the official entry requirement? Do you think the 43 goes for 2019-20 application round? Btw has any of you (EU student) heard back?

ReputationRep:
    The entry requirement at any uni is not concrete , the uni can drop their offer by a few points if they feel like you're a student that they must have. The Uni site would still be the place to find the most accurate details though , so go with the 43

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abhinair3004)
    The entry requirement at any uni is not concrete , the uni can drop their offer by a few points if they feel like you're a student that they must have. The Uni site would still be the place to find the most accurate details though , so go with the 43
    Thank you, but for a university like Edinburgh it's unlikely that they drop the requirements due to the strong candidate pool, I applied knowing the 40 requirement and not the 43 oh well we'll see

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Everyusername12)
    Thank you, but for a university like Edinburgh it's unlikely that they drop the requirements due to the strong candidate pool, I applied knowing the 40 requirement and not the 43 oh well we'll see
    Trust me , a strong PS and interview could sway any good university. Here's hoping you get in!
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    Hey I just noticed that the entry requirement for politics is a 40 ib in ucas but on the university's website it's a 43. Which one is the official entry requirement? Do you think the 43 goes for 2019-20 application round? Btw has any of you (EU student) heard back?
    Edinburgh's entry reqs on the website notes the Typical Offer that's given, not the minimum entry reqs.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abhinair3004)
    Trust me , a strong PS and interview could sway any good university. Here's hoping you get in!
    Thank you so much 😊😊😊

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wolfmoon88)
    Edinburgh's entry reqs on the website notes the Typical Offer that's given, not the minimum entry reqs.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah I know the minimum is 34 but they'll pick thr students that are very close to the requirement. Do you think it's a plus that I have already taken my exams, so my grade is set, in relation to someone who might have a higher predicted but there's the uncertainty factor.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Yeah I know the minimum is 34 but they'll pick thr students that are very close to the requirement. Do you think it's a plus that I have already taken my exams, so my grade is set, in relation to someone who might have a higher predicted but there's the uncertainty factor.
    Are you an EU or Scottish student for fees?

Edit: just noticed you are EU. They are likely to have higher requirements for EU students because places are capped.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doonesbury)
    Are you an EU or Scottish student for fees?

Edit: just noticed you are EU. They are likely to have higher requirements for EU students because places are capped.
    Yeah I know there's a limited number of positions, it's interesting to see how-if this will change with Brexit, meaning whether 2019-20 eu applicants will be considered as internationals, therefore there might not be any quotas for them but i guess then eu applicants would have to pay as internationals, meh idk
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Yeah I know there's a limited number of positions, it's interesting to see how-if this will change with Brexit, meaning whether 2019-20 eu applicants will be considered as internationals, therefore there might not be any quotas for them but i guess then eu applicants would have to pay as internationals, meh idk
    If they are then EU fees will rise, a lot.

Personally I don't think there will be a big change for students during the "transition" period (ie. the 2 years or so after Brexit).

University open days

1. University of Edinburgh
    All Departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
  2. University of Edinburgh
    All Departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 6 Oct '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.