Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    just wondering if it would be stupid to get an apprenticeship after finishing a uni course, or the other way around

ReputationRep:
    Wouldn't it just mean wasting another few years studying something when you can get a job from your apprenticeship or your degree. However, if it was with regards to a change in interest , it would be a choice I'd make.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abhinair3004)
    Wouldn't it just mean wasting another few years studying something when you can get a job from your apprenticeship or your degree. However, if it was with regards to a change in interest , it would be a choice I'd make.
    It would indeed be wasting years but nah I thought about getting it in the same area. Basically I want to persue a carreer in Media. Which is kinda hard, without any degree, and most companies also require experience, which uni, doesn't really offer. Yet at the same time I feel like apprenticeship degrees are not taken as seriously as Uni degrees so I didn't know if it was worth wasting an extra year or 2 and doing both.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carla.Power)
    It would indeed be wasting years but nah I thought about getting it in the same area. Basically I want to persue a carreer in Media. Which is kinda hard, without any degree, and most companies also require experience, which uni, doesn't really offer. Yet at the same time I feel like apprenticeship degrees are not taken as seriously as Uni degrees so I didn't know if it was worth wasting an extra year or 2 and doing both.
    Doing both would completely defeat the purpose imo , you could do a part time uni degree while working in the sector. But, the stress of coping with both would be unreal . My advice would be to choose one path and stick to it , considering the field I'd say to go with the apprenticeship route. That's just my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abhinair3004)
    Doing both would completely defeat the purpose imo , you could do a part time uni degree while working in the sector. But, the stress of coping with both would be unreal . My advice would be to choose one path and stick to it , considering the field I'd say to go with the apprenticeship route. That's just my opinion.
    Okay thank you, Ill take everything into account, I have to apply for uni or an apprenticeship this year and I have no clue what to do haha. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Okay thank you, Ill take everything into account, I have to apply for uni or an apprenticeship this year and I have no clue what to do haha. Thanks
    Choose a route in which you feel you'll be comfortable and flourish well.

ReputationRep:
    just wondering if it would be stupid to get an apprenticeship after finishing a uni course, or the other way around
    99% of organisations wont let graduates apply for their apprenticeships.

University open days

1. Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Days Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
  2. University of Sunderland
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
  3. Plymouth College of Art
    All MA Programmes Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.