The Student Room Group

Inn Scholarship Interviews 2018

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by sophieamber
Yes im sure it went better than you think, swear interviews never seem to go well!

Unfortunately they didn’t let me know when we would expect to hear nor did they give me the opportunity to ask. I would imagine it will be within the next few weeks though, before the end of March I hope!

Hey, how did it go?

It’s over in a flash isn’t it. Not sure if it’s the buildup waiting for it to happen that makes it seem like that or if they do actually just fly through each one.

It’s a great feeling to have done it though! Now you can relax for the weekend :smile:
Original post by PatchMagic
Hey, how did it go?

It’s over in a flash isn’t it. Not sure if it’s the buildup waiting for it to happen that makes it seem like that or if they do actually just fly through each one.

It’s a great feeling to have done it though! Now you can relax for the weekend :smile:

It is so hard to tell how it went. I answered all the questions quite confidently, but then I came out of there feeling as though I didn't sell myself as well as I wanted to - like the opportunity didn't arise for me to mention some things I have done since the application which are important. But oh well, no point dwelling on it :smile:

Yes definitely agree that it is over in a flash and now I can relax!! So many people were there too, the competition is definitely tough! Fingers crossed for us both :smile:
Reply 22
It is so hard to tell how it went. I answered all the questions quite confidently, but then I came out of there feeling as though I didn't sell myself as well as I wanted to - like the opportunity didn't arise for me to mention some things I have done since the application which are important. But oh well, no point dwelling on it :smile:

Yes definitely agree that it is over in a flash and now I can relax!! So many people were there too, the competition is definitely tough! Fingers crossed for us both :smile:

I thought I’d replied to this, so sorry!

Glad to see it went well. Honestly everyone I spoke to afterwards said the same thing about not having enough time to sell themselves or highlight points in their applications.

Answering confidently and coming across well is the best you could have done. Everything else is there to be seen in the application anyway :smile:

I’m sure you’ve aced it!

This must be the longest month of our lives :biggrin: I’ll be glad when the wait is over, even if it is a no!
I thought I’d replied to this, so sorry!

Glad to see it went well. Honestly everyone I spoke to afterwards said the same thing about not having enough time to sell themselves or highlight points in their applications.

Answering confidently and coming across well is the best you could have done. Everything else is there to be seen in the application anyway :smile:

I’m sure you’ve aced it!

This must be the longest month of our lives :biggrin: I’ll be glad when the wait is over, even if it is a no!

I agree that this is the longest month of our lives, I just want a response!!

I noticed that Lincoln’s Inn posted on their Facebook that they will be closed for Easter tomorrow (Thursday) at 3pm. Im therefore pretty sure we will find out either today or tomorrow by 3pm! Because they don’t reopen until 9th April and think they will want to get offers out before the 4th April BPTC deadline as they usually have done in previous years!

Good luck! Let me know when you find out ☺️
Hey guys, has anybody heard from Lincoln's Inn yet? I cannot stop thinking about the results, and I know that the Inn will close tomorrow for Easter... I just hope that they will get in touch before the deadline for the BPTC's acceptance.
Reply 25
Original post by Elba2018
Hey guys, has anybody heard from Lincoln's Inn yet? I cannot stop thinking about the results, and I know that the Inn will close tomorrow for Easter... I just hope that they will get in touch before the deadline for the BPTC's acceptance.

I'm still waiting to hear from Lincoln's as well! I've been constantly checking my emails
Original post by womell
I'm still waiting to hear from Lincoln's as well! I've been constantly checking my emails

I feel you! I have been checking my emails 20 times per hour over the past few days, and I am completely neglecting my uni work D=
Reply 27
I agree that this is the longest month of our lives, I just want a response!!

I noticed that Lincoln’s Inn posted on their Facebook that they will be closed for Easter tomorrow (Thursday) at 3pm. Im therefore pretty sure we will find out either today or tomorrow by 3pm! Because they don’t reopen until 9th April and think they will want to get offers out before the 4th April BPTC deadline as they usually have done in previous years!

Good luck! Let me know when you find out ☺️

Wow that is some great sleuthing :smile:

I had a look at a thread on here from a previous year and posters had updated around the 11th to say they’d been un/successful. Easter fell the weekend after I think so you could be right that we’ll receive it tomorrow if it’s via email or by Monday if it’s by post.

Good luck to you too!

And to everyone, of course.

Please update when you receive something :smile:
Wow that is some great sleuthing :smile:

I had a look at a thread on here from a previous year and posters had updated around the 11th to say they’d been un/successful. Easter fell the weekend after I think so you could be right that we’ll receive it tomorrow if it’s via email or by Monday if it’s by post.

Good luck to you too!

And to everyone, of course.

Please update when you receive something :smile:

Scholarship emails in!!
Reply 29
Email!!!
Email!!!

How did you do?
Reply 31
How did you do?

I got a Tancred :biggrin:

How about you?

I think we posted about the emails at the exact same time :biggrin:
Reply 32
I was unsuccessful, but glad that i tried!
I got a Tancred :biggrin:

How about you?

I think we posted about the emails at the exact same time :biggrin:

I got a Kennedy worth £19,000! Will cover the cost of my whole course so I am super happy! Go us :biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 34
Really sorry to see that, Womell. It is a great experience though so you’re right to be positive.

Congratulations, Sophie!! I’m thrilled for the both of us :biggrin:

Where will you be studying?

I’ll be with the BPP in Manchester.
Really sorry to see that, Womell. It is a great experience though so you’re right to be positive.

I will be with University of Law in London :smile:

Good luck with your year on the BPTC!
Reply 36

Thankyou!

Congrats and good luck with your BPTC!
Reply 37
Thank you both, good luck to the two of you too!

Quick Reply

Latest