The Student Room Group

how do i revise effectively?

Okay, I really hope this doesn't sound boastful because it isn't meant to be.
I barely do any revision because I have always been good with memory and exams, so I've never really needed to. I thought the start of GCSEs would show me that I can't just coast and get good grades anymore but it's March of Year 11 and I'm still lacking motivation and any kind of revision technique.
My last set of mocks we did full papers (despite not finishing the syllabus) and I got 7s, 8s and 9s and all I did was a tiny bit of work the night before exams, mostly reading through textbooks. I know I am capable of 9s in the real thing, but not without working properly. Yet I have zero motivation because I've done really well without working, and there's also the fact that I don't really know what effective revision is. Again I want to stress that this isn't meant to be a brag or anything, I just need advice because I know I will be disappointed if I get a string of 7s where I could have got 8s or 9s if i put the work in.

Could anyone who is/has been in a similar situation give me some tips?
Well I was in the very same situation! I know how hard it can be to start revising but the truth is that starting is the hardest part! Once you've started then it's easy! Also do it to show yourself how much you can do when you're at the max of your potential! Good luck and don't give up. You'll be pround of you in the end

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending