Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi all

I'm 21 and have applied to warwick to study law as a mature student (access to HE). I have an interview in two weeks and have also been given a scenario and 1200 word essay to write for them. My questions are as follows:

Is anyone else in the same position?
    Does anyone know what to expect from interview?
    Am I correct in assuming a smart dress code?
    And any idea how strictly they will be marking the essay?
    Is this more of a formality, or is it still quite likely I will be rejected?

TIA, very nervous- did not expect to get this far.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Htenney1)
    Hi all

I'm 21 and have applied to warwick to study law as a mature student (access to HE). I have an interview in two weeks and have also been given a scenario and 1200 word essay to write for them. My questions are as follows:

Is anyone else in the same position?
    Does anyone know what to expect from interview?
    Am I correct in assuming a smart dress code?
    And any idea how strictly they will be marking the essay?
    Is this more of a formality, or is it still quite likely I will be rejected?

TIA, very nervous- did not expect to get this far.
    Hi, I can't give you lots of help, but I recently went to Warwick for a PGCE interview. Obviously that's totally different but some of the aspects were similar.

Firstly, everyone who interviewed me was really nice, and the atmosphere was mostly supportive BUT I would say it was the most formal interview of the 3 I went to- especially my individual interview. However, the interviewer was also the most forthcoming about what, exactly, they were looking for and what I needed to have done in order to be accepted.
    I had to write an essay, and it was treated more like an exam, whereas written tasks at other unis was slightly more informal. For the PGCE, they said this task had to meet an expected standard- rather than being competitively judged. I also found my task a little vague. For law it might be totally different though.

I dressed as I would for a job interview- but undergrad interviews are a bit more informal. I would say wear something that makes you feel comfortable and confident and is fairly smart.

I hope someone who can help more is along soon, and good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SarcAndSpark)
    Hi, I can't give you lots of help, but I recently went to Warwick for a PGCE interview. Obviously that's totally different but some of the aspects were similar.

Firstly, everyone who interviewed me was really nice, and the atmosphere was mostly supportive BUT I would say it was the most formal interview of the 3 I went to- especially my individual interview. However, the interviewer was also the most forthcoming about what, exactly, they were looking for and what I needed to have done in order to be accepted.
    I had to write an essay, and it was treated more like an exam, whereas written tasks at other unis was slightly more informal. For the PGCE, they said this task had to meet an expected standard- rather than being competitively judged. I also found my task a little vague. For law it might be totally different though.

I dressed as I would for a job interview- but undergrad interviews are a bit more informal. I would say wear something that makes you feel comfortable and confident and is fairly smart.

I hope someone who can help more is along soon, and good luck!
    Thank you for the advice, I have to say though it may have increased my nerves The task they have given me is a tough one and I am struggling a little bit, hopefully all will be OK though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Htenney1)
    Thank you for the advice, I have to say though it may have increased my nerves The task they have given me is a tough one and I am struggling a little bit, hopefully all will be OK though
    I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you more nervous! I'm sure you'll be fine.

Good Luck!

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.