Turn on thread page Beta

Would you support a Trump style Muslim ban in the UK? watch

• View Poll Results: Would you support a Trump style Muslim ban in the UK?
    Yes
    18.18%
    No
    81.82%

ReputationRep:
    Poll: Would you support a Trump style Muslim ban in the UK?

ReputationRep:
    nah
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Never.

ReputationRep:
    No, because it's stupid.

You can't ban someone because of their religious affiliation, especially if it happens to be a major religion.

ReputationRep:
    I don't agree with some of Islam's outlooks on issues, I even despise some verses in Islamic scriptures, but no, there shouldn't be a 'Muslim ban', it wouldn't help anyone, and is simply discriminatory.

ReputationRep:
    No. Alcohol, cigarettes and fatty foods are each responsible for more deaths than extremists. Would you ban those?? If you really cared about senseless deaths you would also address these issues. This is ignorant mentality.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Never!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kojoterrile)
    No. Alcohol, cigarettes and fatty foods are each responsible for more deaths than extremists. Would you ban those?? If you really cared about senseless deaths you would also address these issues. This is ignorant mentality.
    I don't think it's just about preventing terrorism but also about preserving culture. Would you like to become Pakistan?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1p67a)
    I don't think it's just about preventing terrorism but also about preserving culture. Would you like to become Pakistan?
    lmao that's not how it works

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1p67a)
    Please tell me this thread is a joke and not actually an actual idea in your mind?
    AlbabA

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Westham315)
    Please tell me this thread is a joke and not actually an actual idea in your mind?
    AlbabA
    LOOOL what happened to cultural integration?

ReputationRep:
    I think (a Muslim Ban) is just running away from the problem rather than solving it.

Ofc not

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Westham315)
    AlbabA
    😂😂😂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1p67a)
    Diversity in culture is beautiful thing. You are very narrow minded. Look at all the things that globalisation and cultures mixing has brought.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1p67a)
    I wouldn't complain, it's a beautiful country with beautiful people. It's been tarnished by larger powers using it in proxy wars for decades, but that IMO isn't a fair representation of the country.

ReputationRep:
    nope.

ReputationRep:
    When you say Trump style do you mean the kind he spoke about in the run up to the election or the one he actioned? The one which banned all people from a handful of Muslim majority countries whilst still allowing other people from countries with far greater Muslim populations to enter the US

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1p67a)
    Having Pakistanis in the UK doesn't make us anything like Pakistan. We don't have military coups every 5 years for a start. People coming to our country don't errode our culture. They inrich it. It is we who choose to eat curry rather than hot pot or scouse. It is we who choose not to worship in our cherished churches that decay and crumble. It is we who choose to hire Polish plumbers. We choose our culture. Not others. It just makes a convincing soundbite.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't know TSR allowed Nazis to be here.

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.