Japanese at Sheffield

Scroll to see replies

Reply 620
Apparently it's more social!
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
They're both social. Both the same.
Catered would only be social when you're eating in your canteen (school LOSER). You don't have a flat so less social.
Self catered you have a flat which you share with people.

BOOO CATERED. Talking to wrong person here.

I may not choose Endcliffe self catered ensuite as too $$$ (so stupid at $4300 or whatever it is), it's like $800 (ignore $ sign, no pound sign) cheaper to get a self catered, shared bathroom. Like Crew, Crescent or Vale. I think I've already said this, hmm.
Reply 622
No WAY I'm definitely going to Endcliffe :yep:

We clash in our ways "franpgb" :sly:
Reply 623
Yeaaa i can only really see myself at Endcliffe tbh...x
My name's Fran. FRAN.

Yer I'm still choosing Endcliffe of course, there's non ensuite there.

This accommodation business is triiiiiiiiicky. I can't afford all this! Plus the YA which is like, 8k or so. Not good.
Reply 625
yea k :hand:

argh, I don't even want to think about the cost of the year abroad! Scary stuff. They're not letting me start applying for accomodation yet either... saying I don't have an offer :indiff: but then again that might be because I only just firmed them like a day ago.. i hope!
Reply 626
kimoso
yea k

argh, I don't even want to think about the cost of the year abroad! Scary stuff. They're not letting me start applying for accomodation yet either... saying I don't have an offer but then again that might be because I only just firmed them like a day ago.. i hope!

^^^You should deffo be able to apply once you've recieved you welcome letter through, either that or the accomodation email. I remember getting both.
I'm going self catered @ the Opal 3 in the city. It's gonna cost me 4.3K..crrazy money but I'm happy and i'm sure i'll get involved with plenty of social activities
http://www.opalstudents.com/student-accommodation/sheffield/opal-3-o3s/booking-and-prices/
Scary stuff ^^^
Reply 627
Personally I'm definately going Endcliffe, though the specifics of it depend on what my parents say because of expenses... I'm hoping for self-catered though!

Also, it told me I didn't have an offer as well, but by the next dayish it lets on on so don't worry about that! ^^
Reply 628
just got a Conditional from SOAS :smile:

but it's AAB so allow that
just about to firm Sheffield and insurance Manchester!
Reply 629
omg same as me eh :teeth:
AAB? I could've sworn it was less when I applied... guess they put them up (think it was ABB, though via points so AAC would've been fine too)

Also catered sucks. I'd had enough years of crappy school lunches, NO MORE. Besides, my sleeping schedule is unimaginably messed up so I eat whenever I want :tongue:
thefaceless
AAB? I could've sworn it was less when I applied... guess they put them up (think it was ABB, though via points so AAC would've been fine too)

Also catered sucks. I'd had enough years of crappy school lunches, NO MORE. Besides, my sleeping schedule is unimaginably messed up so I eat whenever I want :tongue:

Yea, my offer (this year for straight Japanese) was ABB.
Reply 632
Ahh how come your offer from SOAS was less? Mine for Japanese and Korean was AAB.. lol

i visited SOAS yestaday...n i'm putting Sheffield as my firm and either SOAS or Manchester as my insurance! XD
Ahh probably because you are doing a joint! So its harder...so you need to be more inteligent?! :biggrin:

But really i dont evne understand how I got the offer...I'd withdrawn my offer...then it updated like two days later.
Reply 634
shows how inefficient they are :nn:
Ahh probably because you are doing a joint! So its harder...so you need to be more inteligent?! :biggrin:

You also don't need to do a dissertation.

Lucky bastard.
Reply 636
kimoso
:teeth:

ahhh i accidentally got unsubscribed from this thread :sad:

I should apply for accomodation soon. I just need to decide for sure what my insurance will be!

hey i'm gonna be on the same course as you... you wanna sit next to me in class so we can be friends?
Reply 637
imtired
hey i'm gonna be on the same course as you... you wanna sit next to me in class so we can be friends?

Yeah man and maybe we could like go for drinks or something after class?

:smile:
Reply 638
sounds good :lovehug:
Reply 639
yay! :smile:!

Latest

Latest