Turn on thread page Beta

hiya i have very simular experiences watch

ReputationRep:
    so i have anxiety combined with depression. my anxiety is more prominent. i can't walk next to loads of traffic or else i get a panic attack thinking im going to get run over by someone especially when i have no control of what is going on around me i get really bad panic attacks. so mine with sleeping is i sometime get to scard to fall asleep cause i hate that feeling like im going to die. i woke up the other night bolted out the bed and crawled along the floor telling my husband to call an ambulance cause im going to die. its the horriblist feeling in the world. and for the past few nights i am unable to sleep. ive been restless and scard im going to die and not wake up if i go to sleep. i dont know how else to control or feel. has this happened to anyone.?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    My older sister lives by herself for Uni and she has severe anxiety. She has many panic attacks, usually due to her non-existent self-esteem, which is tragic because to me, my family and her peers, she is amazingly talented in so many ways. For me, if I ever see a historic figure, person or family member and the years in which they were alive, [i.e. Siegfried Sassoon, (1886-196700] I get extremely faint and anxious, same with my sister. Unfortunately, the only solution, which is incredibly difficult when you're so anxious is to isolate that fear, recognise it as irrational and overcome it. If it persists, avoid situations that really trigger panic attacks, trying to get as comfy as possible with someone you love may help. When I have my fears, I recognise that there is so much in the world to enjoy, I haven't even stopped growing, let alone entering my twilight years!

ReputationRep:
    Hiya thanks for your reply. I used to be able to do anything. from jumping off cliffs into lakes bungee jumping skiing parasailing but now no such a thing. i cant believe it. i have a very low esteem as well. i know my family love me to no end and think im amazing. and im sure your sister is a shining star. its so sad we have to try and cope and deal with these uncertain things. i cant even drive anymore thats how bad it is. i have had three near death situations in my life and i think that is what triggered it off for me. i know i have to work at it and try and over come my self esteem as well alter my mind set. its really hard. im here to support you in anyway. take care and you are definately not alone
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 3, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.