Turn on thread page Beta

Looking to seriously lose some weight without spending money for a gym, any tips? watch

ReputationRep:
    Hiya folks, so im not massively overweight,but im getting there and im getting inreasingly more annoyed with how i look and want to start shifting some of my weight. that being said, money is a tad tight at the moment so i cant afford to go to any gyms in my area. what advice would you guys have for me, in terms of getting fit and toning up?

ReputationRep:
    Going for a run is free
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

You can loose a lot of weight by changing your diet. •Cut out fats (sugary foods, oily foods, fatty meats such as red meat).
    •You should also reduce carbohydrates (pasta, bread, biscuits, rice or potatoes) and replace with green and lean meats.
    •You should eat lean meats (meats with low fat) such as fish or chicken.
    •eat greens such as broccoli, green beans, spinach, peppers, carrots. It is best to steam the veg as it keeps the vitamins and nutrients in them.

You should look online for meals with these ingredients. You can find some very tasty ones.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Eat less, move more. No need for a gym membership for general weight loss.

ReputationRep:
    do more weight bearing exercices, e.g you could do 10 press-ups in the morning when you first wake up and 10 before you go to bed, you could also increase the amount you do or add on exercises such as the plank, or sit-ups and try going for long walks or a fun to improve you aerobic fitness.

ReputationRep:
    Losing weight is 90% diet. Get that on point before anything else, which means finding a caloric and macro amount that suits your goals (I recommend www.1percentedge.com/ifcalc/ as a starting point).
    If you want to throw in some running or some bodyweight exercises in the meantime, by all means do so, but the more weight-training you can do the better as opposed to cardio. NerdFitness has a good beginner routine, as does the bodyweight subreddit.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 2, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.