Turn on thread page Beta

do you still like a girl with extra weight? watch

I have this extra weight. You might call me fat. It's fine. I work out and eat healthy. However, it seems like people like me to be skinny rather than have some thickness in me and be healthy. they want me to be skinny look.

I love my thickness. however, not for people especially the boys. it makes me hurt to know or experience it.

Yes

ReputationRep:
    If you work out and eat healthy then you shouldn’t be fat - either you’re not actually overweight or you’re not being entirely truthful about your diet/exercise.....

ReputationRep:
    There is negative sentiment about being over weight and and obsession with thinness being the only desirable body shape. I have always had a thing for small plump girls. I do find thin (but not emaciated) female figures attractive too and I don't think unhealthy obesity is attractive. My partner is small and plump and adorable and is always battling with her weight. I do get upset about people who are needlessly horrible about a persons weight. No one is expecting anyone to find something they don't find attractive, attractive, just mind your own business. And a very simplistic view of addressing being overweight from supposedly intelligent people also surprises me.

But to answer your question, some people will not want to go out with you because of what you describe but other people will.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LavenderBlueSky88)
    If you work out and eat healthy then you shouldn’t be fat - either you’re not actually overweight or you’re not being entirely truthful about your diet/exercise.....
    In principle this is right, eat more calories than you expend and you'll lay down fat. What it doesn't mention is that the metabolic processes behind appetite control are still poorly understood. Hunger is a strong urge, probably stronger than sex drive. And advising an over weight person to diet can be compatible with telling an anxious person not to worry or indeed counselling people against any manner of unwise but for some reason common life choices..

(Original post by Anonymous)
    I have this extra weight. You might call me fat. It's fine. I work out and eat healthy. However, it seems like people like me to be skinny rather than have some thickness in me and be healthy. they want me to be skinny look.

I love my thickness. however, not for people especially the boys. it makes me hurt to know or experience it.
    I'm a bigger girl myself (around a size 18) and have been for about 4 years after gaining a lot of weight due to an illness. At first it was a point of insecurity with me and I never got any interest from men. It was a vicious cycle, as people are drawn to confidence. After therapy I started to stand tall and find confidence and only then did I realise that plenty of men will go for bigger girls. I found a boyfriend and since going to uni I've always had guys interested in me (I think as they get older they get more comfortable with the fact they find bigger girls attractive) and since breaking up with my boyfriend before going to uni I've never had any trouble finding guys to get with or date. Partly this is due to luck as my figure is very curvy which is quite in at the moment (big ass and boobs and slim waist) but a lot of it is confidence and just working it- you'll be just fine!

ReputationRep:
    Who cares what guys on tsr think?

ReputationRep:

Depends on where the extra fat is located..

ReputationRep:
    Love me a thicc girl <3 <3 <3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loveleest)
    Who cares what guys on tsr think?
    OP for one.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    nothin wrong with a gril with a bit of junk in the trunk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student-95)
    OP for one.

Thats sad
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador

Many guys prefer a fuller figure. Beauty is relative and you wont be found attractive by everyone. So ensure that you are healthy and happy, then ignore the haters.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 2, 2018
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.