The Student Room Group

MSc Public Policy/ Economics: UCL Durham KCL

Hi, everyone! I’m an international student and I’m holding several offers, but I can’t decide which one to choose. So I need some experiences or advice on them.

Offers: UCL MSc Public Policy
Durham MSc Public Economics
Bath MSc Applied Economics
Pending: KCL MSc Emerging Economies and international development

I’m actually interested in both of PP and Eco, so now I’m more concerned about the career prospects and I suppose economics related courses may be more recognised by employers? And I hope I can find a job or internship job in UK, although I know it’s very competitive. ;P

Many thanks in advance.
Original post by FQQQY
Hi, everyone! I’m an international student and I’m holding several offers, but I can’t decide which one to choose. So I need some experiences or advice on them.

I’m actually interested in both of PP and Eco, so now I’m more concerned about the career prospects and I suppose economics related courses may be more recognised by employers? And I hope I can find a job or internship job in UK, although I know it’s very competitive. ;P

Many thanks in advance.

Make sure you have a backup plan job wise as it's more of an immigration issue than competitiveness for an international student trying to get a job in the UK. Look at where grads end up from each of the courses, what work and research opportunities you will have and links with industry.
Reply 2
Original post by alleycat393
Make sure you have a backup plan job wise as it's more of an immigration issue than competitiveness for an international student trying to get a job in the UK. Look at where grads end up from each of the courses, what work and research opportunities you will have and links with industry.

You’re right, immigration issue is the vital problem if I want to get a full time job : (
Reply 3
Original post by FQQQY

Many thanks in advance.

Where did you go for in the end?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending