Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lauramlw)
    Does anyone intend to apply for a research degree after completing this course?
    I'd like to do a PhD/JD degree (looking at either Harvard or UToronto) after this MSc. I remember a section on the application portal inquiring our intention to perhaps embark on a research degree upon completion. Wonder why they wanted to know that.

ReputationRep:
    Hi DTSP, I think everyone feels that way (i.e. inadequate), but given your GPA and experience I don't think you should underestimate your potential.

I would also be willing to share my Statement of Purpose—if I get accepted. However, I am unsure whether I want to publish it or sent it on request. I am soooo curious about the results... It's taking soo long.. Hopefully they'll start sending it out this week.

Thank you for sharing your profile by the way, much appreciated. I think it's very telling that the ones that ask most for profiles and backgrounds are the ones revealing least of themselves (I observed this both at the gradcafe and in other threads as well). Pity, because I believe the purpose of a forum is to have fruitful two-way discussions, which benefit everyone.

Thank you for your kind words! Here's hoping we both get in coz I like you already

As for people not revealing their own profiles after asking others', I think they're probably shy or felt intimidated (I know how that feels like!), and would like to see how they fare against other applicants. But you are right if they are bold enough to ask, they should be bold enough to share.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PierreSimon)
    Hi all!

I am a French applicant and I am currently completing a masters at the LSE in politics. I also graduated with Distinction in Public International Law at Queen Mary University.
    I am in the process of publishing one peer-reviewed article in energy law.

Wish you all the best for your applications! Fingers crossed!

Hi wow, you have impressive profile!

ReputationRep:
    you guys are all seriously so talented! reading these make me feel inadequate lol considering I am applying right out of college (undergrad)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abrahammmmmmmmm)
    you guys are all seriously so talented! reading these make me feel inadequate lo considering I am applying right out of college (undergrad)
    Me too, so don't be

ReputationRep:
    I hope we all hear something this week!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DTSP)
    Thank you for your kind words! Here's hoping we both get in coz I like you already

As for people not revealing their own profiles after asking others', I think they're probably shy or felt intimidated (I know how that feels like!), and would like to see how they fare against other applicants. But you are right if they are bold enough to ask, they should be bold enough to share.
    I guess they'd want strike a balance between students that aim for an academic career and those that want to pursue a career 'in the field'—this is just an assumption. YES, same! I am quite sure most of us really spent a lot of effort in this application, so it's well-deserved to everyone.

ReputationRep:
    I hope we all hear something this week!
    Yes me tooo! But based upon the messages published on gradcafe the past five years I guess we will only know around the 15th of March.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DTSP)
    Me too, so don't be
    you guys are all seriously so talented! reading these make me feel inadequate lol considering I am applying right out of college (undergrad)
    No need, indeed. Three friends of mine applied a few years back, and those that got accepted did not have a graduate degree while the one that was rejected did (she actually got 2). Probably it's a plus (like many other features) but it's definitively not decisive.

ReputationRep:
    No need, indeed. Three friends of mine applied a few years back, and those that got accepted did not have a graduate degree while the one that was rejected did (she actually got 2). Probably it's a plus (like many other features) but it's definitively not decisive.
    thank you for that! definitely gave me some piece of mind

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PierreSimon)
    Will do it tomorrow! I'll keep you posted!
    Thank you! Much appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    Any news, friends?

ReputationRep:
    Just got an email from the admissions office: we should hear the outcome on or before the 16th.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DTSP)
    Just got an email from the admissions office: we should hear the outcome on or before the 16th.
    Thanks for the information. Good luck to everyone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DTSP)
    Thanks for the note! Wish everyone the best of luck!

ReputationRep:
    (HOPEFULLY) The wait is almost over... Good luck everyone! :hippie:

ReputationRep:
    I am readying myself up for the great disappointment. All the best peeps.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard yet?! Today is supposed to be the day! I haven't received an email and my portal still reads " Your application can be or has been considered by the relevant academic department. The Graduate Admissions website provides further information on the graduate admissions timetable and process."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Salma.d)
    Heard from my college but not from the department per se...
    Did you apply for Global Governance & Diplomacy? When did you receive an e-mail from your college?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Salma.d)
    Yes I did. I received an email yesterday, but still haven't heard from the department so I am still not fully reassured
    That sounds like a good sign! What college?

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.