Turn on thread page Beta

15yo girl liking an 18 yo guy watch

Announcements

I'm a 15 year old girl and I really like this 18 year old guy. Hes a really nice and good guy and hes close to one of my older friends whos told me that hes such a nice person. Is it okay to like him? Is it possible for us to hopefully be in a relationship. Idk how he feels about me...

ReputationRep:
    no

The age gap isn't bad it's that you are both a different stages in your lives - you have GCSE'S to come while he'll be thinking about uni and stuff. Aslong as you understand all these little things and are both on the same page then it should be totally fine . Just make sure you don't feel pressured to do stuff or guilty that you can't do stuff

ReputationRep:
    No
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    You’re trying to get the poor man incarcerated...

Will the relationship work? Maybe. If he's going to Uni, there's gonna be a lot of stress on it and it's going to be tough.
    The age difference isn't any help either; he'll get the brunt of the opposition since he's the older guy. If you and him do anything, I think the law may get involved, since you're legally a minor and he's legally an adult.

It's okay for you to like him, but don't be too hurt if it doesn't work out at first. If you ask him out and it's successful, please don't do anything too intimate. You'll be breaking the law and he might get a record.

ReputationRep:
    Wait until 16?17?18?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Got a friend in this situation- GCSE Student going out with a first-year at Uni. Far as I know they're very happy together, have been for about six months. Sex-wise, know your status and get educated on the law. Be prepared for a tirade of social stigmatisation and peer judgement. IF, and only if he likes you back should you go for it. If you advance on him, it becomes him who's in the wrong oftentimes, and that's unfair.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 2, 2018
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.