Switching to integrated masters while in my third year? Watch

Itsick
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
Hi,

I am currently in my third year (BSc) and within the next week or so I will be transferring to an integrated masters course. This is long before my current scheduled graduation. It is the same course, at the same uni, but MSci rather than BSc.

Will I be eligible for a maintenance loan next year? I have had conflicting answers when contacting SFE directly. One advisor at SFE said I won't be eligible because the transfers can only be done in year 1 or year 2. The other advisor said this is completely fine.

Thanks in advance.
Rona SFE
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Itsick)
Hi,

I am currently in my third year (BSc) and within the next week or so I will be transferring to an integrated masters course. This is long before my current scheduled graduation. It is the same course, at the same uni, but MSci rather than BSc.

Will I be eligible for a maintenance loan next year? I have had conflicting answers when contacting SFE directly. One advisor at SFE said I won't be eligible because the transfers can only be done in year 1 or year 2. The other advisor said this is completely fine.

Thanks in advance.
Hi Itsick,

If you have only completed year one and two, you can transfer during the third year but not once you have completed it.

Thanks Rona
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Mon, 7 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (52)
28.89%
No - I got the required grades (105)
58.33%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (23)
12.78%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed