Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey all,

LTRFTW, please tell me if this is the wrong forum!

I'm considering applying for an architectural conservation masters course. I currently live in Edinburgh (graduated here too), and would ideally go on the Architectural Conservation course they offer here, but I've heard the teaching quality is a bit crap.

However, to complicate things, the actual outcomes (I.e. employment and working with groups like HES) of the course here seem generally quite good - so I'm quite torn about applying to Edinburgh. Has anyone else studied Architectural Conservation here, and could offer any comments? And, are there any courses that might be worth me looking into - I've heard good things about MA Conservation Studies (Historic Buildings) in York for instance?

Cheers for any responses and advice

ReputationRep:
    Hi there, the university of bath and the university of kent also offers a really good course in architectural conservation. The course offered by york is very good as well.I have a friend that took the architectural conservation offered by Edinburgh and he told me that teaching quality was very good and the teachers where very helpful. The courses in bath and kent are more focused on building and architectural conservation, edinburgh has a big part of the programme focused on urbain conservation, and the course at york has a part focused on sustainability. All four are great i guess it depends on which factor you prefer the most and what you would like to do afterwards.Good luck

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 2, 2018

University open days

• University of East Anglia (UEA)
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Secondary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Thu, 18 Oct '18
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.