The Student Room Group

What's the saddest film you've ever seen? - Make me cry!

Scroll to see replies

The China Syndrome.
Logan.

I've never left a cinema so devoid of hope as I did after seeing that movie.
It's a masterpiece through and through, but it's so depressing...
Reply 63
if you feel like crying you should watch Manchester By The Sea. It's the darkest, most depressing movie I've ever seen.
bridge to terabithia 🤧
Reply 65
I recommend

Hachi: A Dog's Tale

based on a true story
Train to Busan (2016) Is the most recent one I cried too however I don’t know if I had watched a sadder film.
Try and watch the whole of Flight 93 without it pouring down your face. If this can't move you then you're made of stone. Harrowing scenes talking to folks down below. Fantastic movie to the end.One of the best classics of all time.
Inside Out. I swear I'm not trolling.
Watership Down - traumatising young children into floods of tears since 1978.
Awakenings is really good
Reply 71
Monsters Inc.
I'm told I have a pretty stone heart when it comes to watching movies; I haven't really cried at any other film.
If someone could recommend a movie that would make me cry, I would be so down to try it...

Spoiler

The notebook! Watched it 100s of times and cry every time, definitely my favourite x
Dunkirk had me bawling in the cinema, but I cry at literally every movie - my most recent one being Christopher Robin. It wasn't even sad, I just love Hayley Atwell an unhealthy amount!
Army movies like jarhead and the hurt locker are quite sad. Because they don't focus on the army itself, they aren't action packed movies. They're more to do with the characters themselves and their feelings towards the military.
- Schindler's List
- Boy in the Striped Pajamas
- Good Will Hunting
- My Sister's Keeper
- The Land Before Time
- Hatchi, a dog's tale
- One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
- Of Mice and Men

You are very brave or possibly stupid for putting yourself the emotional torture of sad films
kimi no nawa (your name)
koe no katachi (a silent voice)
Koto no ha no niwa (the garden of words)
Hotarubi no Mori e (Into the Forest of Fireflies)

but the only eng movie that's made me close to tear up is probably frozen
Marley & Me
me before you. i can't.
Anybody seen Threads (1984) and come out smiling? lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending